What if my event doesn't have an address

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO What if my event doesn't have an address

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    rdall
    Participant

I have a events calendar for photo workshops and most have an address. For national parks and such we use the ranger station or headquarters. But what if were holding a workshop in Antarctica?

The reason I ask this is because we like the map view to show all of our workshops and seminars.

Also after some research I found a Post Office box for Antarctica on a residents blog.

South Pole Station
    PSC 768 Box 400
    APO AP 96598

But it didn’t seem to work as Google Maps doesn’t recognize the address.

But most addresses are actually in another country like New Zealand or the Falkland Islands and then the mail is forwarded.

So I know this a somewhat unusual question. But do you have a work around for this?

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

This is an unusual request!

I attempted some other addresses to try and get something to work and nothing worked for me either.

Since the map view is using Google Maps API and it does not recognize the address there is not much we can do for it.

If we had a feature to add venues by coordinates that might work out, but that is something our plugin does not have.

Would like to help more, but not sure what else we can do.

Maybe you can use the Address of the port or airport you are leaving from to get to Antarctica instead?

Let me know if you have any other questions

Thanks

rdall
    Participant

Hi Yes. It’s quite the unusual response.

I didn’t realize the issue until I went to import the event myself. I know that the WordPress Plugin Store Locator uses both the address and the coordinates if the address is incorrect.

https://wordpress.org/plugins/store-locator/

You can also move the marker to the appropriate location if the address is incorrect. Might be something you guys want to take a look at. As their are a number of places (not just Antarctica) that don’t have proper street address or Google has them incorrect.

I know this is a long shot in terms of a feature request. But I though I would mention the other plugin as it already has this functionality.

Best Regards

Robert Dall

rdall
    Participant

*It’s quite the unusual request. Thanks for the quick response.

Damn typos… 

rdall
    Participant

The Modern Tribe twitter account has told me about the Event Rocket Plugin which does lat/long for the venues.

Event Rocket

If it works I will post here 🙂

Brian
    Keymaster

Yeah they did not tell the new kid on the block of the Event Rocket Plugin.

Event Rocket

I tested with the plugin to set Coordinates for a venue to Antarctica and got it working.

Let me know if you run into trouble and we can work on it.

Thanks!

Brian
    Keymaster

Glad to see there is a solution for this.

I am going to close this ticket, but if you need anything else related to this topic or another please post a new topic on the forum and we can help you out.

Thanks

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘What if my event doesn't have an address’ is closed to new replies.