What happens when you get close to selling out and only 1 or 2 tickets left?

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus What happens when you get close to selling out and only 1 or 2 tickets left?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    James O’Sullivan
    Participant

Hi there, this is a scenario I have not yet encountered but I have an event right now that is selling out fast and it will occur in the next day or so. Basically I have availability of 300 tickets and when that number gets to 298 tickets sold and only 2 left what happens when the user on the site tries to buy 4 or 5 tickets? Does he get a message at the cart stage saying there is only 2 tickets left, or on the event page or somewhere? If there is no message what exactly happens with the transaction – does it sell the 4 tickets so I end up with 2 people who will not have a seat or how does it work? If someone with experience here can let me know that would be great. I just need a work around that makes sense frankly to deal with this situation and not have total confusion at the end. Thanks in advance.

Geoff

Hi there, James! Welcome back. 🙂

Good question. First, the customer will be unable to use the arrows to add more than the number of available tickets. Second, if the custom tries typing the quantity manually and submitting, a tooltip will pop up from the submit button that informs the customer that the quantity needs to be less than the specific number of tickets left.

Does this help answer your question? Please let me know.

Cheers!
    Geoff

James O’Sullivan
    Participant

Perfect Geoff, glad you guys have worked this through and the answer here clears it up for me. Thanks

Geoff

My pleasure! Thanks for following up and confirming the answer here. 🙂

Cheers,
    Geoff

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘What happens when you get close to selling out and only 1 or 2 tickets left?’ is closed to new replies.