What happens after recurring events limit has been reached?

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO What happens after recurring events limit has been reached?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    kosovichmedia
    Participant

In the settings on the Event Calendar Pro version, there is a place where one can specify how many months ahead in advance a recurring event should appear. I have a client that has a certain number of events that should appear indefinitely, and when I create each instance of an event, I set it to recur every week with a never ending time option.

However, I see in a the settings, there is a place where we specific a specific number of months that recurring events will appear. When I installed things, it was set for 24 months. Does this mean that the system will automatically regenerate at the end of the 24 months, or after this number is reached, the events will disappear, even though I have set the individual event to never expire?

I am confused about what happens at the end of a recurring event when the general system settings say one thing, but the individual event says another.

I don’t want to set things for 6 months, then realize I have to re-enter all the events again at the end of the 6 months. Likewise, I am not sure I should be listing something like “99” months or more in the general settings if that is going to create thousands of records that could hinder performance.

Anyone can help clarify?

Some of the language that is in the general calendar settings is listed below
    —————————————————————-
    Create recurring events in advance for:
    Recurring events will be created this far in advance “XX” months
    Recurring events will be created this far in advance

kosovichmedia
    Participant

I am also trying to understand what the settings mean by “Cleaning up recurring events” – does this mean that older events disappear from the public side of the calendar or do they disappear from the administrative side of the system as well?

Barry

Hi kosovichmedia, sorry for any confusion: let me see if I can clarify.

What is basically being defined is a rolling period which is centred on today’s date. So an event that recurs ‘forever’ will not actually have any events generated more than 24 months into the future (and this is primarily a database-saving feature). You need take no action to maintain this state of affairs, however – as the days roll by so will more instances of the event automatically be generated to ensure there are always 24 months worth of future events.

The flip side is the clean up setting, which essentially works in the opposite direction but removes old events (so yes, recurring instances more than 6 months old will be deleted, if 6 months is the value of the relevant setting).

Does that help to explain things better?

Barry

Closing this thread out as its been quite a while without any follow-up. Of course if you do still need help with this or anything else please feel free to open a new thread. Thanks!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘What happens after recurring events limit has been reached?’ is closed to new replies.