What are 3.12 Version Release Notes?

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions What are 3.12 Version Release Notes?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Farhad

Hi,

May I know please, What are 3.12 Version Release Notes and Date? Thank you.

George
    Participant

Hey Farhad,

Thanks for your interest in these details! We unfortunately don’t have all the release notes for 3.12 ready yet, and don’t have the exact launch date planned yet, but it should be arriving sometime no later than early September, if all goes to plan.

This is open to change but it will be coming soon regardless – once it is release, the full release notes will be in the Changelog of the plugin and in a blog post at http://theeventscalendar.com/blog

I hope this information helps – let me know if it does and if you have any other questions, comments, concerns, etc.

Cheers!
    George

Farhad

Hi George,

Thank you for your reply.

As you mention, The team are working on new release through planed road map and soon it will be release within 2-3 weeks, and you still doesn’t know the details??? even you didn’t mention partially about. As I got to know through different discussions here and my posts before, It seems there are some concern to reply the customer directly each time regarding the update’s details of plugin/features and their release time.I think for those who are going to run business base on your plugin/features is important to know what is next and how far they need to wait for, It is not simple website to just publish a event and that is all. Some features such as WPML compatibility, Front-end ticket submission(I knew that you already started first two features) and Charging the client for the Front-end event/ticket submission are really necessary for business holders to survive and come out with extra functionality to the customers.

Your customers are stick on your plugin and loyal to, That would be nice to share some more detail with and give them hands! Hope to hear good news as soon as possible. Thank you.

George
    Participant

Hey Farhad,

I do personally know many of the features coming in the plugin, yes – however, I don’t know with 100% certainty what will make it in the final release. We could have a feature like WPML compatibility all written up and ready to go, and then at the last minute discover a bug that we cannot release, and so we pull it from the release but release everything else.

I don’t want to promise the inclusion of any features for this reason, I do not want to get your hopes about something 2-3 weeks from now that might change in our QA and testing processes.

Improvements with WPML Compatibility should indeed be coming in the next release, while front-end ticket submission will likely not until the next release after it or later.

You’re absolutely right about our customers being loyal to us and it means a lot to us – your loyalty and your interest in the plugins alone is greatly appreciated. I want to be honest with you as a customer and not promise something without certainty – it is painful to wait for features but even worse to make plans around the arrival of a feature, only to have that feature not make into a release or something at the last minute and ruin a whole set of plans and such.

Hopefully you can see where I’m coming from, I mean no ill will by not sharing the full set of changes at this time! I just don’t want to be dishonest and raise your expectations artificially high, and then let you down if things change.

Sincerely,
    George

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘What are 3.12 Version Release Notes?’ is closed to new replies.