What about this use-case?

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions What about this use-case?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Ben
    Participant

I have a client who has the following types of events:
    * Lectures and courses that should not be bookable
    * Lectures and courses that should be bookable with max number of attendees (one person should be able to book multiple tickets)
    * One-on-one sessions for multiple days

Payments should not be handled through the website.

It looks like your plugins can handle this. I’m just concerned that it will be very cluttered with the one-on-one sessions? What do you think? Is it possible to show them as just one event on month and week view? And have them expand only on day view?

Geoff

Hey Ben and welcome back!

Interesting use cases. I do believe our plugins will work here.

For example, The Events Calendar (free) can handle the load of lectures and classes that should not be bookable. You can use event categories to categorize the events as Lectures and Classes.

For the events that are bookable, then you might want to consider Eventbrite Tickets. That would allow you to publish your events on Eventbrite.com, import them into WordPress to The Events Calendar, show tickets for those events, then handle the payments completely offsite on Eventbrite.com.

Another way to do it would be to nix Eventbrite Tickets and simply use the Website URL field in the events editor to link directly to the platform you are using to take payments. In other words, you may be able to get away with only the free version of The Events Calendar and nothing else.

Would either of those options work for you? Please let me know. 🙂

Cheers,
    Geoff

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘What about this use-case?’ is closed to new replies.