Weird, random issue with the plugin and my site.

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Weird, random issue with the plugin and my site.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    danielfazio
    Participant

Hi there,

Had my site looking exactly how I wanted and it was working great. I didn’t run any updates but all the sudden was getting a blank screen this morning. http://www.myurl.com/calendar was working fine. but the in the dashboard I was getting a “fatal error: allowed memory size of xxx bytes exhausted in url/meta.php on line 575.

Assumed this must be a hosting thing. And after a lot of back-and-forth with my host we actually isolated it the Calendar plugin.

When the Calendar plugin is activated the site is blank, but the mysite.com/calendar is fine. And as soon as the plugin is deactivated, the main page works again. Any clue what’s going on here?

danielfazio
    Participant

This reply is private.

Casey
    Participant

danielfazio,
    Thanks for getting in touch and sorry to hear you’re having trouble here, but hopefully I can help. Have you tried increasing the memory limit that is available to WordPress on your hosting account? The WordPress codex has some great instructions on how to do this here: http://codex.wordpress.org/Editing_wp-config.php#Increasing_memory_allocated_to_PHP Feel free to follow those instructions there, or reach out to your hosting provider to see if they can help you with this.

I would recommend trying to increase the memory limit to at least 96MB, so your site will run optimally. Give that a try and let me know if you have further questions. Thanks! 🙂

-Casey-

danielfazio
    Participant

I discovered what the issue was. I have three recurring, weekly events set to never end. For some reason, about 15,000 posts were created for the three events (all contained to a few days in one month in 2016). I deleted all of those and then the site started working fine again.

Any idea what would cause that happen?

Casey
    Participant

That is definitely bizarre. We made some significant changes to how recurring events work in version 3.5.x, so if not all of your events were upgraded after updating that plugin, then that might have been the cause.

Since everything is sorted out now, I’m going to go ahead and mark this thread as answered and close it out. Feel free to create a new thread if you have further questions. Thanks! 🙂

-Casey-

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Weird, random issue with the plugin and my site.’ is closed to new replies.