Week View Show Current Day as Start Day

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Week View Show Current Day as Start Day

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    imaginate White
    Participant

Hello, I can’t seem to find a solution. Is it possible to have the week view start on the current day?

For example, if today is friday, it would start the week on Friday and show till the next Thursday. So the start day (first day in the week) is always the current day.

Let me know if this is possible. Thanks.

imaginate White
    Participant

My client just got back to me and instead of the start of the week being today, instead he wants the week to start on a Friday instead of Monday always. Seems like that would be easier that what I was checking in on before. Is that possible?

imaginate White
    Participant

Found the answer to my question. The week view inherits the WordPress week start date. Very clever.

We should be good to go now. I would be curious though if it’s possible to have the week start on whatever the current day is though. So I’ll leave this open for a Tribe Ninja to answer. Thanks.

Nico

Hey @imaginate,

Thanks for reaching and also for updating the thread with your solution 🙂

Indeed the code for week view uses the WordPress setting for ‘Start of the week’. While this cannot be changed (there’s no filter to override this in the Week View class) you might be able to make a cron script to change the WordPress ‘Start of the week’ option to the current day. Of course this might affect other things in the site and it’s just an idea of how this could be possible.

Please let me know if there’s anything else I can help you with,
    Best,
    Nico

imaginate White
    Participant

Thank Nico

Nico

You are welcome!

As you marked the issue as resolved I’ll go ahead and close out this thread, but if you need help with anything else please don’t hesitate to create a new one and we will be happy to assist you.

Best,
    Nico

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Week View Show Current Day as Start Day’ is closed to new replies.