WEEK VIEW requires RELOAD/REFRESH to show all recurring events

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO WEEK VIEW requires RELOAD/REFRESH to show all recurring events

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Christina
    Participant

I’m having an issue with the WEEK VIEW display.

Basically we have events/festival that run over multiple days and the WEEK VIEW only shows the FIRST day of the recurring event. Only upon a RELOAD / REFRESH of the browser do the recurring events get displayed correctly in the WEEK VIEW.

Screenshots below:
    1. On first load
    On first WEEK VIEW page load

2. on REFRESH
    WEEK view REFRESHED

In addition to this, recurring events in the LIST view do NOT show the event recurring over multiple dates or offer a date RANGE in the display so it looks like a 3-day event only happens over 1 day.

Screen shot of event – Ships to Shore is a 3 day event from June 28-July 1, but LIST VIEW only shows it on one day, June 28.

List View

Please advise!
    Thanks, Christina

Barry

Hi Christina,

To share images please upload them to your own WordPress site, a service like Dropbox or any other suitable place and provide the URLs – I’m afraid there is currently no other way to do it on this forum πŸ™‚

Could you also provide (by private reply) a URL where I can see the problem first hand?

Thanks!

Christina
    Participant

This reply is private.

Christina
    Participant

This reply is private.

Barry

Thanks for bearing with me, Christina.

I do believe I can replicate and it seems like a problem with the Recurring Event Instances setting found in Events → Settings → General — this should not impact week view, but it does look as if it is respected when navigating by ajax yet not when a page is loaded directly.

I’ve logged a bug report for this and have linked it to this forum topic – we’ll certainly do our best to keep you posted as we work on this.

Barry

Christina – can you also try applying the following temporary fix?

https://gist.github.com/barryhughes/fcf8231ce9bd8d07ca38

This can be added to your theme’s functions.php file or any other suitable location you might prefer. It should ensure that all recurring instances are shown in week view regardless of how the Recurring Event Instances option is set, providing consistency across ajax and direct loads.

I hope that helps πŸ™‚

Christina
    Participant

I will add the patch and let you know if it worked or not. Thanks!

Christina
    Participant

Yes Barry that did the trick. Thank you!

Barry

Awesome, I’m glad that helped πŸ™‚

I’m going to close this topic for the time being – but we’ll do our best to re-open and post an update as we progress the substantive fix.

Thanks again!

Leah

Hi there,

We wanted to check in here and update you on our progress. Although we weren’t able to address your issue in our upcoming release (3.11) we do still have it on our radar. Thank you for your patience while we continue working on a fix for the problem you reported. We will do our best to keep you posted when we have a solution in place. In the meantime, if you need help or find that the issue you reported here is no longer a problem, please feel free to start another thread.

Thanks again for your patience and understanding!

Cheers,
    Leah
    and the rest of The Events Calendar team

Leah

Hello,

Thank you so much for reporting this. We are happy to tell you that a solution to this issue is part of our upcoming 3.12 release! We are doing the final testing and then the new version will be released. Keep an eye on your dashboard Updates page!

If you experience any difficulty with the update or find that the issue you reported in this thread is not resolved in 3.12, please open a new thread and we can help you. Thank you for your patience and support as we work to improve our plugins!

Best,
    Leah
    and The Events Calendar team

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘WEEK VIEW requires RELOAD/REFRESH to show all recurring events’ is closed to new replies.