Week View events clutter

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Week View events clutter

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Lars
    Participant

Hi, our client is reporting problems with events clutter in “Week view”. The problem is that events (with same day and time) shows on top of each other, causing some events to be hidden. How did Modern Tribe plan to prevent this? And does Week View not support a horizontal layout option providing a much better overview like this: http://www.londoninternationalshippingweek.com/calendar2/

Lars
    Participant

This reply is private.

Casey D

Hello mending,

Thanks for letting us know about this! We’ve heard this request from a few other users and we are considering a new view for the future.

If you have a moment, we’d love for you to submit your idea to our UserVoice forum. We take user ideas and contributions very seriously, and many times their ideas end up in our future releases.

In the meantime, we have an old tutorial about creating your own custom view with a sample ‘Agenda‘ view. It is out of date and doesn’t currently function properly, but the code will help get you started.

Otherwise, the custom view you are looking for is beyond the scope of the forums.

Does this make sense? Let me know if I can explain anything else!

Good luck!

– Casey Driscoll

Lars
    Participant

Hi Casey, thanks but I’m affraid that’s simply not good enough. We have bought and spend hundreds of hours on your plugin (including reporting countless bugs and problems) and now as our Events calendar is slowly building up with events – it turns out that ECP is NOT working probably. Apparently Modern Tribe haven’t testet the plugin – as our situation of ending up having events hiding behind each other – of course shouldn’t be possible!

We need a working “Week view” ASAP – not some “old tutorial” that “is out of date and doesn’t currently function properly”.

Thank you.

Casey D

Hello mending,

I apologize for your frustration. I have an expectation of professionalism I set for myself, and I don’t believe I am meeting it here.

When I posted that the plugin wasn’t working, it didn’t meet my service level expectations and I assumed it wouldn’t meet yours. I updated the tutorial so that it now functions properly.

The Events Calendar Pro offers six different views, because each view is built to best handle a certain number and types of events. We are hoping to add more in the future as need and interest requires it, and we built the plugin so it is highly extensible. We encourage users to build their own views if they find ours limiting.

2014-05-27 at 5.02 PM

Currently, the week view is not built to handle the overload of events your client has during those few hours. This may be an oversight on the part of our products team, or it just may be the visual limit of that view. You may find success in using another view, including building your own.

I understand your client may have design and branding guidelines, you might find success in dropping the border and padding on the event blocks, and maybe even the opacity. That might raise the visibility of the events in dense areas. The default css for example has a very small border (but I believe the padding is the same)

2014-05-27 at 5.20 PM

I know these styling changes won’t help you much, as the event may still be blocked for selection while in this view. However, those styling suggestions, along with the working ‘Agenda’ view tutorial, are all I can give you at this time. There is not currently an available fix for the crowding of events in the ‘Week’ view.

After talking with the team, we completely understand where you are coming from, and wish there was a better way to fix this issue. However, we are not in a position to fix this overnight or ASAP, but we are looking to update our code and Themer’s Guide so that this may be more easily customizable in the future.

We encourage you, as always, to submit your new feature ideas to our UserVoice forum. We take user ideas and contributions very seriously, and many times their ideas end up in our future releases.

Thanks for contacting us and good luck with your customizations.

– Casey Driscoll

Lars
    Participant

This reply is private.

Lars
    Participant

This reply is private.

Casey D

I believe you want to work with two files in the events-calendar-pro folder:

resources/tribe-events-week.js and views/pro/week/single-event-hourly.php

– Casey Driscoll

Lars
    Participant

I’m not getting anywhere with this. What will it take to make this View?
    http://www.londoninternationalshippingweek.com/calendar2/

Casey D

Hello mending,

That link is no longer live and it appears The Events Calendar isn’t installed on that site.

As we’ve mentioned several times in this thread and others, along with having it posted on the front page of the forums, that level of customization goes well beyond the scope of the forums.

As I’ve stated, we will be looking into updating the Week view to better handle this situation, along with updating our documentation to allow better help with customizing the view. We thank you for bringing this to our attention as it is a shortcoming of our plugin.

However, the javascript, styling and markup in the Week view is very advanced, and we are unable to help you customize this on the forums.

For now, I encourage you to share your idea of your advanced Week view on our UserVoice forum, or contact an development agency for assistance with your customizations.

Good luck on your customized view. I am closing this thread as it is out of the scope of the forums.

Cheers!

– Casey Driscoll

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Week View events clutter’ is closed to new replies.