Week View Display Issue

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Week View Display Issue

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    sirbayard
    Participant

I know this is a theme related issue, so I don’t know if I can get any support, but hoping for some possible help. When in Month View, the calendar displays everything fine and correctly, same with Day View. However, when in Week View, the calendar wraps Saturday and Sunday back around and makes week view impossible to use.

I checked on default WordPress theme and everything works perfectly, only occurs on the theme currently in use on the site.

I was wondering if there is any file in the plugin itself that could control the way the column output runs?

Visible at http://www.aurora-events.com/radio

Theme in use is Pendulum theme from Themeforest, unmodified.

Julie Kuehl
    Participant

Hi sirbayard,

Yeah, that looks to be an issue with the theme and not the Event Calendar plugin. Have you contacted the theme developer? And just for reference, we do have a Themer’s Guide (https://theeventscalendar.com/support/documentation/events-calendar-themers-guide/) and Documentation (http://docs.tri.be/) if that helps them track down the conflict.

— Julie

sirbayard
    Participant

Yeah, I went through the themer’s guide before coming here, but couldn’t find anything specifically dealing with how the column width is done in the week view (or month view for that matter). Tried comparing both output pages, went through all the files, but I’m stumped, especially since month view works perfectly with the theme, so came here. Will try contacting the theme creator and see.

sirbayard
    Participant

I think I found the issue within the theme. The theme being used has a section in style.css for defining a div class .column
    ( .column { float:left; display:inline; margin-right:48px; margin-bottom:20px; position:relative; } )

And it looks like in Week View the div. class identified is .column . I couldn’t find a .column div class in the default WordPress theme. I removed that line as a test, and the Week View displayed “almost” correctly (days no longer overlapped, the words were just slightly cutoff on the bottom). Sadly, editing that style part screws up the entire site.

It’s a friends site that I am helping him with, so I can’t just change the theme, so I guess I will try and see if there’s a way to either edit all the theme files from .column to .columns or all of the plugins files…

Julie Kuehl
    Participant

Hi sirbayard,

Looks like you’re on your way to sorting out the conflict. You might want to mention what you’ve found to the theme developer and they may be able to suggest a way to rename the div that won’t break everything.

— Julie

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Week View Display Issue’ is closed to new replies.