website will not load when events calendar deactivated

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO website will not load when events calendar deactivated

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    reshetramah
    Participant

i am having a conflict with some links and in order to test i deactivated all plugins. when i do this my website shows a white page only and will not load. i then deactivated plugins one by one and saw that the white screen only appears when i deactivate the events calendar plugin. i am wondering what could be causing this and how to fix it.

Leah

Hi reshetramah,

It looks like you posted in our Pre-Sales Forum, which is actually for people who are looking into buying our plugins. I’m going to move your thread into our Events Calendar PRO Forum, and a member of our support staff will be able to assist you from there.

Best,

Leah

Brook
    Participant

Howdy reshetramah,

Is the entire front-end of your site showing a white page, or just one of the page? Is the backend showing white as well?

If you can access the backend WP-Admin area, can you try going to Settings > Permalinks and clicking save?

Thanks for testing one-by-one. Narrowing it down like that is a huge help.

– Brook

reshetramah
    Participant

the entire front end of the site is showing a white page. the backend is showing white as well.
    i went to settings > permalinks and clicked save. issue is still not resolved.

reshetramah
    Participant

http://reshetramah.org/events/ – i now cannot see any of my events. i deactivated and deleted the plugin and the pro version and did a fresh install of both. the problem persists.

Brook
    Participant

Thanks for the link. I see you have been able to get it working again. Would you mind sharing what the conflict was?

I am noticing some strange things about your the Hustle theme. For instance, it sets the img element to have a max-width of 100% in a few places. This is known to conflict with Google Maps for instance, and many other common applications as well. Basically what it boils down to is not good practice. I believe it might also be causing some Javascript errors in the console, and some minor styling oddities. If in the future you have an issue like this, my first suspect would be that your parent theme is conflicting with one or more of the plugins, possible even one of the Events ones. A good way to check if it is the theme is by disabling it and seeing if the problem goes away.

Were you able to fix this? Is there anything I can do to help? Thanks again. I love looking at your site, it helps me brush up on my limited Hebrew.

– Brook

reshetramah
    Participant

this problem only happens once i deactivate the plugins which leads me to believe there is a conflict more serious than styling.

reshetramah
    Participant

i needed to remove code from my child theme when deactivating the plugin. thanks

Brook
    Participant

Good to know. Cheers!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘website will not load when events calendar deactivated’ is closed to new replies.