Website crashes with community event plug-in

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Website crashes with community event plug-in

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Mats
    Participant

Dear team,

I’m writing with an issue that has been going on since our last update of the plugin in November 2017. Since the update our website crashes regularly when we’re updating new content and the calendar doesn’t work at all. We’ve been in touch with your very friendly and helpful employee Victor, but for some reason the whole thing stopped up a few weeks ago. The calendar problems are causing a lot of trouble for us and we’re loosing users, so we hope to fix the issue soon.

The add button is not working at all. We have had a programmer helping us who has tried to fix this several times, but he can’t figure out how to fix this.

I hope you will review the problem once again, we truly appreciate it!

Kind regards,
    Marte D. Joelbo and the CAS-team

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Marte!

I’m sorry to hear you are still experiencing that problem. I would like to help you further with this issue.

I’ve just reviewed your previous thread and it seems that we could confirm there is a conflict with the templates overrides in your theme.

Could you please send us a copy of your theme in a private reply? If you also have a child theme, please do share it as well. I will run some tests with your theme to see if I can reproduce the issue on my end and hopefully find the source of the problem.

If your theme is too big, you can use a third party service like Dropbox or google drive to share it.

Thanks,
    Victor

Mats
    Participant

This reply is private.

Victor
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

Mats
    Participant

Thanks so much for looking at this again Victor! I have forwarded your message to the developer of the theme, and I’ll be back in touch when I know more from them. Wishing you all the best in the meantime. Marte

Victor
    Keymaster

Sure thing Marte!

I’ll leave this thread open so you can come back if anything is needed.

The thread will auto-close after 3 weeks of inactivity, in which case you can always open a new one referencing this one.

Best of luck!
    Victor

Mats
    Participant

Hi again Victor.

Is it possible for you to see if our overwrites are written to support the old versions and not the new?
    And if so, how can we re-write them to support the latest and coming versions?

Also, when I spin up a local version of the site (clone of the current one), everything works fine. So can´t really figure out what the problem is…

And, the calendar plugin seems to have an effect on another third party js library (flickity) that we use. Really strange.

Any help appreciated 🙂

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Mats!

Thanks for following up with this.

We are fairly limited in how much support we can give for custom development questions like that. But, we always like helping out and at least point users into the right direction as much possible.

As I said before, the one function that I found that was deprecated is the tribe_events_the_notices(). You should instead use the tribe_the_notices() function.

Also, when I spin up a local version of the site (clone of the current one), everything works fine. So can´t really figure out what the problem is…

This is also true on my end. I do notice many PHP Notices and Warnings getting generated. This does not necessarily mean something is not working, but your developer should have a look at them, as it could bring problems with future updates.

Regarding the Add to cart button issue you initially reported, you could share with me a link to your site where you are experiencing it. I can have a closer inspection and see what I can find.

Let me know.

Thanks,
    Victor

Mats
    Participant

Hi.

Thanks for answering!

Here is the link to add event with the community event plugin:
    http://contemporaryartstavanger.no/arts-calendars/community/add

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Mats!

Having a closer inspection to your template overrides I could find the taxonomy.php template override is causing a fatal error, thus preventing the submission form to render.

I was able to make the submission form work again, by editing the edit-event.php template override and in line 56 replace:

tribe_get_template_part( 'community/modules/taxonomy' );

for:

tribe_get_template_part( 'community/modules/taxonomy', null, array( 'taxonomy' => Tribe__Events__Main::TAXONOMY ) );

You will also need to remove the taxonomy.php template override that is inside the /modules folder.

Please note, this is just a workaround to the problem and you will still need to revise all your template overrides and update accordingly to be fully compatible with current versions of our plugins.

I hope that helps.

Best,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Website crashes with community event plug-in’ is closed to new replies.