Webmaster tools flooded with 404s

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Webmaster tools flooded with 404s

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    Rob

Hi TinFishWorld. I’m so sorry we never saw your reply from 8/1; please accept my apologies there. Are you still stuck? Shall I have Barry take another look here?

Gregg
    Participant

@tinfishworld — your commented line on line 42 needs to start with /* and and end with */ I think.

Rob

Ah, that could certainly do it 🙂 Thanks Gregg.

TinFishWorld: Can you confirm if you’re still having troubles here?

tinfishworld
    Participant

I am so sorry for being out of the loop on this thread! Thank you so much gentlemen. I will take a look right now to see how it is functioning. I spent some time on another section of the site lol…Thanks for the GREAT follow-up!! Jeff

Barry

No problem, we’re here to help as and when 🙂

Ryan Sedgwick
    Participant

Hi,
    I’m also getting this same issue – Google Webmaster has 13,000 404 Not Founds for non-existent event urls. I’m looking to add the code in the website folder as you mentioned in a previous reply http://pastebin.com/ruBH42wP, but can’t find which folder to edit – does ecp-single-template.php sound right? Also, how much of that code do I paste – all of it or just sections?

Barry

Hi Ryan, I’m not sure where that particular code came from or what it relates to exactly. The code we’d recommend adding (and instructions on where to add it) can be found earlier in this thread:

https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/webmaster-tools-flooded-with-404s/#post-55393
    https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/webmaster-tools-flooded-with-404s/#post-55397

Does that help at all?

Ryan Sedgwick
    Participant

Thanks Barry. I’m still not sure which folder to put this into. Would it work if I put it in ecp-single-template.php ?

mediawire
    Participant

Was getting the same 404 messages in WMT so I tried the single-day.php solution and it helped for those months with no events but for those months with events the empty dates are not rel=nofollow.

Checking the source I can see that it wants to add the rel=nofollow but is instead just creating a blank space.

Barry

@mediawire it may not work in every single case, but for most people it has been successful so it definitely could be worth reviewing the steps outlined in earlier posts against the changes you made.

@Ryan
    : because you mention ecp-single-template.php I wonder if you are using an earlier version of our plugins, such as 2.0.11? This template is no longer in use in our current release (which this thread relates to).

@everyone! Once again please accept our apologies for the inconvenience this set of issues has caused. Based on feedback in this and other threads however the workarounds posted earlier seem to be successful for most people – in light of which (and bearing in mind substantive fixes will be making their way into our forthcoming maintenance releases) I’m going to close this thread.

If anyone needs further support on this or any other issues please create a new thread of your own and try to stick to one issue per thread – it makes it a lot easier for us to help you. Thanks!

Ben
    Participant

Just tried the snippet, I ll let u know if it works or not.

Barry

Definitely feel free to try it out – remember though that this thread was last active over a year ago now, so the snippet may be out of date.

If you do need further help please don’t hesitate to create a new thread of your own and one of the team will be only too happy to assist.

Thanks!

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • The topic ‘Webmaster tools flooded with 404s’ is closed to new replies.