Weaver II Pro and squishing the calendar

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Weaver II Pro and squishing the calendar

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    theresajennings
    Participant

I’m using Weaver II Pro, and the default layout is the split 2-col. Even though I can choose a different layout from within the dashboard, and the theme code under appearances, I can’t get it to translate over to a different page layout for the calendar page, and y’all don’t use shortcode. So I’m stuck with squishing the calendar into the space given. If you go to the link, you can see that the calendar is being cut off.

Once I squish it, I’m concerned about its responsiveness on smaller screens. What’s the best way to do this?

Also, in month view, the length of the name of the day of the week is determining the cell width, so Wednesday’s column is wider than the others. Is there a way in month view to just use abbreviated day names? Where/how would I do this?

Barry

The calendar doesn’t seem to be cut off to me – can you confirm if you have resolved this / what browser you are using / perhaps share a screenshot to illustrate what you are seeing?

Once I squish it, I’m concerned about its responsiveness on smaller screens. What’s the best way to do this?

You’d need to develop a set of CSS rules, optionally augmented by Javascript, that meets your own specific requirements – there is no one-size-fits-all solution we can offer up here, unfortunately.

Also, in month view, the length of the name of the day of the week is determining the cell width, so Wednesday’s column is wider than the others.

I can certainly see that if I shrink the browser down to a small size. Overriding the month/loop-grid.php template and customizing the header row could be one way forward – and we have a great guide to introduce you to the basics of template overrides in the form of our Themer’s Guide.

Hope that helps!

theresajennings
    Participant

I just decided to do it full screen and get rid of the sidebars, especially after seeing the video about the filter bar.

The Themer’s Guide is great if you speak PHP. Not so much if your PHP skills are rudimentary.

Barry

I can totally appreciate that – it’s not for everyone – however the reality is we just don’t have the resources to guide everyone through all the many customizations requests that come in. What we can do though if you want to press ahead and need a greater level of assistance than we are able to provide is a list of freelancers, should that be of interest?

theresajennings
    Participant

Perhaps. I also have some people locally. I’ll let you know. It may be a nonissue.

Barry

Sure thing – good luck!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Weaver II Pro and squishing the calendar’ is closed to new replies.