We were unable to import your Eventbrite event. Please verify the event id

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets We were unable to import your Eventbrite event. Please verify the event id

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Neil
    Participant

Hello, I’m receiving this error when I try to import this event.
    http://www.eventbrite.com/e/bobwhite-quail-management-field-day-tickets-16160800389

Wordpress, The Events Calendar, and the Eventbrite Add-on are all the newest version.

I have also verified the authorization and that is also setup correctly.

I installed your Eventbrite troubleshooter and I received this info.

array(3) {
      ["cached"]=>
      bool(false)
      ["url"]=>
      string(78) "https://www.eventbriteapi.com/v3/events/16160800389?token=V5YKDGULH4IVYCWRES5Q"
      ["response"]=>
      object(WP_Error)#892 (2) {
        ["errors"]=>
        array(1) {
          ["http_request_failed"]=>
          array(1)
            [0]=>
            string(65) "Operation timed out after 5000 milliseconds with 0 bytes received"
          }
        }
        ["error_data"]=>
        array(0) {
        }
      }
    }

Appears to be a timeout is that from Eventbrite or from my server?

Please let me know what I should try to fix this. Previously all events have imported with no problem.

Let me know.

Thanks,
    Neil

Barry

Hi Neil,

Sorry to hear you are hitting up against difficulties.

Do you know if the problem is restricted to this one event or is it more general than that? Has it failed multiple times like this in succession (perhaps there were temporary service outages on eventbrite.com or something of that order getting in the way) – how long have you been hitting up against this issue?

Neil
    Participant

I just tried importing again and the issue still persists. I don’t think it is an Eventbrite outage.

It does just appear to be the event only though. Any other thoughts?

Barry

I’m a little puzzled here, Neil.

It does seem particular to the event you noted and I can replicate the same problem locally (with that event only). Of interest, if you try to load the same URL provided in the debug data you will see it returns a 500 internal server error, rather than a timeout.

Swap out the event ID within that URL with a different, valid event and it works as expected (the response is a 200 OK status, complete with event details).

I can only think this is a problem on eventbrite.com’s side – can you reach out to them and highlight the problem with this event specifically?

Barry

Hi!

It’s been a while so I’m going to go ahead and close this topic.

• Need help with anything else? Go right ahead and post a new topic, one of the team will be only too happy to help
    • Still need help with this issue and need to re-open it? Again, please simply create a new topic and link to this one to provide the team with some context

Thanks!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘We were unable to import your Eventbrite event. Please verify the event id’ is closed to new replies.