We need the time format to be in 24h instead of 12h am/pm

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events We need the time format to be in 24h instead of 12h am/pm

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Rasmus
    Participant

In the latest version of Community Events the time format is set to 12h am/pm. Since we operate in Swedish the date format must be 24h or else the users on the website will be confused.

The 24h time format is the international standard so I guess we are not the only ones waiting for this change in the plugin šŸ™‚

This is the single reason to why we still haven’t released our website with the updated community events-function.

I know this is a well known issue so my question is when you think it will be solved and updated? It was not included in the latest update that you sent out yesterday.

Geoff

Hi @Rasmus,

Oh shoot, so sorry this issue is affecting you. It is indeed a bug that we are aware of and we have a ticket for us to address it in an upcoming release. While I don’t have an exact timeframe for when it will be released, I have indeed added this thread to the ticket so we can follow up with you when it ships.

In the meantime, there is a workaround available. Try pasting this into your theme’sĀ function.php file:

https://gist.github.com/geoffgraham/1876be2c558518b17f7339c0b829ef79

That should force the timepicker to use a 24-hour format. Here’s a screenshot of the Community Events submission form when I use that.

Sorry again for the trouble but I hope this helps in the meantime. šŸ™‚

Cheers!
    Geoff

Rasmus
    Participant

Thank you so much Geoff, the temporary solution works perfect!

Regards from Rasmus

Geoff

My pleasure! So glad to hear that did the trick and will work in the meantime. šŸ™‚

I’ll go ahead and close this thread, but we’ll give you a heads up when an official patch rolls out so you have a heads up to update and remove the workaround.

Cheers and have a great day!

Geoff

Nico

Hi there,

Just wanted to share with you that a new maintenance release (for the Week of 1st May 2017) is out, including a fix for this issue ?

Now the Community Events submission form should work with 24hrs format and 12hrs AM/PM format.

Find out more about the release ā†’ https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-week-1st-may-2017/

Please update the plugins and let us know if the fix works for your site,
    Best,
    Nico

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘We need the time format to be in 24h instead of 12h am/pm’ is closed to new replies.