We need the search feature to auto change to list view

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO We need the search feature to auto change to list view

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Tojo John
    Participant

Hi,

We were not able to find a similar forum post. Our default view is Grid/Month view. But when users search (keyword) for an event, we want the view to change to list view so it is easier to see all search results as opposed to having to go to each of the next month to find any hits.

This must be not that complex. I am assuming we need to hook so we can auto change to to list view by URL parameter with the search query. I am just guessing and do not know what is the right method and how to achieve this.

Please let me know if you have ideas on the topic.

Miah

Geoff

Hello Miah,

Good question! I’m afraid this sort of redirect would require a bit more custom development that we can support here in the forums. However, I did find this thread which provides a similar solution for forcing List View in mobile. Hopefully that gives you a starting point to work off of.

The search feature uses AJAX by default, so I would suggest disabling it so that a full page refresh happens, which would allow you to intercept the search URL and append it to the List View URL.

Sorry I don’t have a concrete solution for you here, but will this at least help you get started? Please let me know.

Thanks!
    Geoff

Tojo John
    Participant

I guess, we will play around with the info from other thread you gave a link to and custom search box to disable the AJAX search.

Is it possible to keep this thread open until we get a resolution?

Miah

Geoff

Absolutely! Threads do auto-close after two weeks of inactivity, but I’m definitely happy to keep it open in the meantime and answer any questions that pop up as you dig in.

Geoff

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘We need the search feature to auto change to list view’ is closed to new replies.