We found a bug…

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO We found a bug…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Robert
    Participant

We run your Calendar Pro and are very happy with it, so thank you… We have it as our home page and set there as Monthly View. On a busy date, there is a link at the bottom of the day that says “View All 6 Events,” for example. The bug is right there. Instead of clicking and sending you to that day, it redirects directly to today’s date. As our calendar fills up, we’ve been getting a lot of cranky responses from users. Please look into this for us! Many thanks

Cliff

Hi, Robert.

Thanks for your detailed report. I visited your site, and I believe you’re experiencing one of our confirmed bugs, which is as follows:

• do not have Pretty Permalinks (i.e. have default/plain/ugly permalinks)
    • make sure Month is not the default calendar view

Therefore, I’d recommend you enable Pretty Permalinks and/or change your Default View to be Month View at wp-admin > Events > Settings > Display tab.

I’ll mark this ticket as Pending Fix, which means this thread should receive a reply once the applicable fix has been released. I cannot guarantee when it will be fixed as it’s in the development team’s hands now. They need to assign it, code it, test it, and schedule it for release.

I apologize for this issue and appreciate your understanding and patience.

Robert
    Participant

Thank you, Cliff. This is a big problem for us and I’m hesitant to switch the links because of the way everything is interlinked… Our users love your calendar but this has really been turning some of the off because they, albeit sometimes older people, get frustrated they can’t get to where they want. So please urge your team to figure out the patch!

This is not an isolated problem because we also have a calendar widget in the left margin that suffers from the same problem…

Thank you so much for your kind reply.

Cliff

You’re welcome.

I feel comfortable telling you that this is a lower-priority bug due to the fact that multiple workarounds exist. Therefore, I’d strongly recommend handling this via one of the previously-mentioned workarounds. (Of course, this doesn’t mean that it won’t get fixed.)

Thanks for your understanding.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Robert!

Just wanted to share with you that a new release of our plugins is out, including a fix for this issue.

Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-week-17-june-2018/

We apologize for the long delay and appreciate your patience while we worked on this.

Please update the plugins and let us know if the fix works for your site.

Best,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘We found a bug…’ is closed to new replies.