Warnings again in WPML and Event Calendar PRO

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Warnings again in WPML and Event Calendar PRO

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    ernestocollado
    Participant

Hello,

I bought event calendar license months ago, and now I have finished my multi language website. This websites uses WPML plugin to make multi-languages functionality. The problem is that I can’t active Event Calendar Pro, because if I enable it , I have a problems in my website.

When I active Event Calendar Pro, this is the problem:

After active plugin, it shows warning messages in wordpress backend and wordpress front end. The errors are this:

PHP Warning:  is_writable(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/tmp/tribe_tmp_file_logger_2017-12-19.log) is not within the allowed path(s): (/usr/home/bravanariz.com/:/home/bravanariz.com/:/usr/home/services/) in /usr/home/bravanariz.com/web/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/common/src/Tribe/Log/File_Logger.php on line 68

PHP Warning:  is_writable(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/tmp) is not within the allowed path(s): (/usr/home/bravanariz.com/:/home/bravanariz.com/:/usr/home/services/) in /usr/home/bravanariz.com/web/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/common/src/Tribe/Log/File_Logger.php on line 137

PHP Warning:  file_exists(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/tmp/tribe_tmp_file_logger_2017-12-19.log) is not within the allowed path(s): (/usr/home/bravanariz.com/:/home/bravanariz.com/:/usr/home/services/) in /usr/home/bravanariz.com/web/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/common/src/Tribe/Log/File_Logger.php on line 63

If I disable “display_errors” in my PHP config of my hosting, these messages hide, but my woocommerce product single page makes 404 error.

Can you help to fix this ?

Please notify me to this email: [email protected]

P.D.: To configure WPML, I have followed the instructions of your website page too

Sorry for my english

Regards

Geoff B.

Good evening Ernesto and welcome back!

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We are sorry to hear about the PHP warning message you have been getting.
    I would love to help you with this topic.

Normally, this message should only be a warning.
    It is quite surprising (and definitely not cool) that it breaks your WooCommerce products URL.

A quick fix would be to set things to “none” for “open_basedir” in the php settings of my plesk panel or Cpanel. Your web host can probably help you out with that.

Let me know how that goes.

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

ernestocollado
    Participant

Hi Geoff,

Our hosting is shared hosting, I can’t do this in open_basedir.

Please help me, show me another solution, please ?

Waiting for your comments,

Regards

Geoff B.

Good evening Ernesto,

Thank you for taking the time to write back.

In this case, your only option would be to manually override the problematic lines of that file:

1. /wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/common/src/Tribe/Log/File_Logger.php on line 68
    2. /wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/common/src/Tribe/Log/File_Logger.php on line 137
    3. /wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/common/src/Tribe/Log/File_Logger.php on line 63

A simple way to do this is to throw a “@” in front of the function calls.

The obvious downside is that you will have to do this again every update.

I wish I had a better answer for you, but for now it’s the best one I have unfortunately.

Best regards,

Geoff B.

ernestocollado
    Participant

This reply is private.

ernestocollado
    Participant

Hello Geoff,

Thanks for your fast support, but your solution not work for me, may be 404 errors are not related to Warnings, but my PHP logs only appears this warnings.

I have done some test and I have discovered that if I disable one of two plugins (the events calendar or events calendar pro) It works well, no 404 errors in woocommerce product single pages.
    The 404 errors, not are in all products, this is only in some spanish products.

If you want test it, I can send to you my wp-admin creedentials. Is this channel safe to send it ?

Can It be related to WPML plugin ? I’m very lost in this issue.

Thanks and regard

Geoff B.

This reply is private.

ernestocollado
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff B.

This reply is private.

ernestocollado
    Participant

Hi Geoff,

Absolutly true, now all is working fine.

Thousand thanks,

Have a nice holiday season!

Best regards

ernestocollado
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff B.

This reply is private.

ernestocollado
    Participant

This reply is private.

ernestocollado
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff B.

Good evening Ernesto,

I believe I have found the cause of the issue.

What was going on is that your default view was set to list view, but your only active view was the map view.

I simply checked the list view option under Events -> Settings -> Display and everything now seems to work.

Let me know how that goes.

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • The topic ‘Warnings again in WPML and Event Calendar PRO’ is closed to new replies.