Visual Editor does display when clicked

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Visual Editor does display when clicked

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    REYNALDO
    Participant

Hello, I have several installation of The Event Calendar. All are working fine except one. For some reason there are three particular issues with the 4.05 version I am running on this site. I will create separate topics but am including them all here in case there is an underlying issue that is causing this weird behavior. I am running the latest wordpress and
    version of your product. Have also updated all plugins, Still baffled.

I have uploaded a short screencast so you can see what is happening. I hope this helps identify the problem https://cloudup.com/c3PQp9iG4TC

Issue 1: In the editor, the Visual editor is not clickable.
    Therefore, you cannot style anything via the wysiwyg. I uninstalled and reinstalled the both the base Calendar and Calendar Pro plugins several times.

Issue 2: When trying to add a feature image, I get a different Media Library layout. But only in your product. Everything works perfect if adding a feature image to a page, for example. (See Video)

Issue: 3: The date picker is not popping up.

Thank you for all you help!

PS. Yes, I did check plugins by deactivating them one by one but nothing changes. Not sure what is going on since I have the same plugins in other sites that work great.

Nico

Howdy Rey,

Welcome to our support forums and thanks for reaching out to us! Thanks as well for taking the time to record the screencast 🙂

You did the right thing by grouping all these issues in just one thread, as they all seem to be related with some JavaScript conflict. Can you please check if there are any JavaScript error/notices in the browser console (check this out if you are not sure how to do this)?

Also, I’m aware you mention you have re-installed both The Events Calendar core and PRO several time, Can you try to re-download and re-install the plugins (core and pro)? If this doesn’t work, can you please check if this happens with just core or with core + PRO?

Sorry for the hassle this might cause, hope we can make it right soon!
    Best,
    Nico

REYNALDO
    Participant

Thanks for the info. I downloaded both and reinstalled them. No change.

In the browser console this is the JS error that shows
    TypeError: e is undefined load-scripts.php:798:1531

When I clicked on it, the line (below) was highlighted blue. I hope this helps. Not sure what this means. Please advise.

Thanks

!function(a){function b(){var b,d=a("#wp-auth-check"),f=a("#wp-auth-check-form"),g=e.find(".wp-auth-fallback-expired"),h=!1;f.length&&(a(window).on("beforeunload.wp-auth-check",function(a){a.originalEvent.returnValue=window.authcheckL10n.beforeunload}),b=a('<iframe id="wp-auth-check-frame" frameborder="0">').attr("title",g.text()),b.load(function(){var b,i;h=!0;try{i=a(this).contents().find("body"),b=i.height()}catch(j){return e.addClass("fallback"),d.css("max-height",""),f.remove(),void g.focus()}b?i&&i.hasClass("interim-login-success")?c():d.css("max-height",b+40+"px"):i&&i.length||(e.addClass("fallback"),d.css("max-height",""),f.remove(),g.focus())}).attr("src",f.data("src")),a("#wp-auth-check-form").append(b)),a("body").addClass("modal-open"),e.removeClass("hidden"),b?(b.focus(),setTimeout(function(){h||(e.addClass("fallback"),f.remove(),g.focus())},1e4)):g.focus()}function c(){a(window).off("beforeunload.wp-auth-check"),"undefined"==typeof adminpage||"post-php"!==adminpage&&"post-new-php"!==adminpage||"undefined"==typeof wp||!wp.heartbeat||(a(document).off("heartbeat-tick.wp-auth-check"),wp.heartbeat.connectNow()),e.fadeOut(200,function(){e.addClass("hidden").css("display",""),a("#wp-auth-check-frame").remove(),a("body").removeClass("modal-open")})}function d(){var a=parseInt(window.authcheckL10n.interval,10)||180;f=(new Date).getTime()+1e3*a}var e,f;a(document).on("heartbeat-tick.wp-auth-check",function(a,f){"wp-auth-check"in f&&(d(),!f["wp-auth-check"]&&e.hasClass("hidden")?b():f["wp-auth-check"]&&!e.hasClass("hidden")&&c())}).on("heartbeat-send.wp-auth-check",function(a,b){(new Date).getTime()>f&&(b["wp-auth-check"]=!0)}).ready(function(){d(),e=a("#wp-auth-check-wrap"),e.find(".wp-auth-check-close").on("click",function(){c()})})}(jQuery);

Nico

Thanks for following up on this!

Not sure about the error you are getting 🙁

The file wp-admin/load-scripts.php is part of the WordPress core as well as the file wp-includes/js/wp-auth-check.min.js (which contains the code you pasted in). Can you try to re-install WordPress for this site? Upgrading WordPress – Extended Instructions.

Is this site in the same server environment as the other working sites? Do you have a staging / dev copy of the site where you can test this first?

Please let me know about it,
    Best,
    Nico

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Visual Editor does display when clicked’ is closed to new replies.