Virtual events and global timezones

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Virtual events and global timezones

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    David

I have two unanswered questions after searching through your site. I run a WP site for a group that hosts live virtual hangout-style events for a worldwide audience.

First, how does TEC handle events where the venue is online (without disclosing the link to the web conference)?

Second, does TEC display event days and times in the user’s local timezone, so that a calendar that shows an event scheduled on Thursday at 8 pm New York will display on the calendar as Friday at 10 am Sydney?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out! I’d be happy to help you with this, but first will you please post this question in ourEvents Calendar PRO forum? We use the Pre-Sales forum to answer questions about the features of our premium plugins for those interested in purchasing them.

If you have not purchased one of our premium plugins, you can post in our community forum on wordpress.org, which we review weekly to check for bug reports. If you need more in-depth support, you will need to purchase a license.

Thanks,
    Brendan

David

I’m confused, Brendan. First, I’m not asking for support or instructions on how to do these things. I’m asking questions about the features of your product, whether free or paid, because I have been unable to find information on your site that indicates that it offers these features. If your product does what I need it to do, I can then make a decision about whether to use it, or pay for it if necessary. If your product does not do what I need it to do, I can move on.

Does your product do the two things I’ve asked, or not? If it does, do I need the free or paid version of the product for these features?

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi there,

Sorry for the misunderstanding!

In regards to online venues, if your site has a headquarters/central location, you could create a venue called “Online” and just give it a location. But technically there isn’t an online venue specific option.

In regards to timezone, you can set the timezone as the local timezone when this event will start. If someone from a different timezone downloads this event, it will add it to their calendar with the correct time they are in to view. So yes, you are correct on how this functions.

Please let me know if you have any follow-up questions on this topic.

Thanks,
    Brendan

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Virtual events and global timezones’ is closed to new replies.