Viewing events ordered by published date. (ie: Recently added events)

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Viewing events ordered by published date. (ie: Recently added events)

• This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Colin Carmichael.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Colin Carmichael
    Participant

Is it possible to view events ordered by published date rather than start date? I would like to do this in both the backend (I don’t see it as in option in the advanced post filter thingy) and the front-end (ie: provide a special “Recently Added” page). I’ve manipulated the RSS feed (as described in the kb somewhere) so that it does exactly this (for email subscribers, mostly) but I can’t see a way to this on the site itself.

Hi Colin,

Thanks for reaching out again here!

Unfortunately, there is no setting to change the event order by Published Date by default.  However, there are many plugins that enable you to do a custom order of post (events in this case) like Simple Custom Post Order.  Although one caveat of this is that it may affect the order of things in other areas of your site.

You can however have events displayed by Published Date if you include them in the main blog loop and use the following extension:

https://theeventscalendar.com/extensions/advanced-options-for-adding-events-to-the-main-blog-loop/

Let me know if this helps!

Thanks,

Jaime

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Viewing events ordered by published date. (ie: Recently added events)’ is closed to new replies.