View categories based on user role?

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO View categories based on user role?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jacob
    Participant

Hello dear team!

Do you have an idea how I could achieve that only specific users can see events of a certain category?

Best wishes
    Jacob

Gustavo Bordoni
    Keymaster

Hi Jacob,

Thanks for reaching out to us here on our Support forums.

Since our Categories are custom taxonomies from WordPress you should be able to Restrict the access using a Third Party plugin like:

I hope it solves your issues, just as a reminder third party plugins might not work fully but it is a good starting point.

My Best Regards,

Jacob
    Participant

Hey Gustavo,

Ah, thank you for this hint! However, I have just tried that plugin and the The Events Calendar categories won’t show up in their list. In my case the plugin only lists:
    audio
    directory
    Events
    Gallery
    ..and a few others unimportant for me.

Is there something I didn’t see?

Best wishes and thank you,
    Jacob

Gustavo Bordoni
    Keymaster

Hi Jacob,

Thanks for your response about the plugin, after you reported that it was not working I’ve done my share bit of testing and I see that It doesn’t work as expected, sorry for setting you on the wrong path.

From what I tried no plugin will deliver the results you are expecting, so I will give you a solution that might solve the problem but it’s not what you asked for;

You can try to use the Restrict Content Pro from PippinsPlugins, which will allow you to give certain users and roles access to individual posts, it won’t be by taxonomy but it’s a start.

Hope this kinda solves your issue, because that’s as far as our support can go on a custom modification complex as this one.

Sorry if I wasn’t able to help you.

My Best Regards,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘View categories based on user role?’ is closed to new replies.