View as Map not showing events however map on events work fine

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO View as Map not showing events however map on events work fine

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    themal
    Participant

When switching view to “View as Map” only few events are listed even tho the maps on the events are functioning correctly. Adding Longitude and Latitude to a venue does seem to help, however, it would be very tedious and time consuming process. If the venue’s address works properly on the event single view map and the venue single view map, should it not show properly on the View as Map view?

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Mal!

Thanks for reaching out to us! Let me help you with this topic.

Could you please try going to Events > Settings > General tab and under Map Settings and click the Fix venues data button? This will generate the geolocation information (lat and long coordingates) missing for your venues.

Does it solve the issue after that? Let me know about it.

Thanks,
    Victor

themal
    Participant

This reply is private.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Mal!

Thanks for trying that out and for following up with this.

Unfortunately, I have been able to reproduce the issue on my end and it seems to be related to a problem with the Google Maps API request that generates the Latitude and Longitude coordinates upon creating/saving the venue.

I have already created a report for this so we can investigate it further. I will set this thread’s status to “Pending fix” and link it to the report so we’ll let you know as soon as we have an update.

In the meantime, could you please log in to your Google API console and see if you are getting errors for your Google Maps Geocoding API requests and the code errors involved?

Thanks,
    Victor

Frederick
    Participant

Hi Victor,

I’m having the same issue and upgraded to the latest version of PRO that appears to address the problem. I can’t seem to find the “Fix Venues” button under “General -> Map Settings”. Was it removed or is it possible that a global WordPress config variable is hiding it?

Thanks!

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Frederick! Thanks for chiming in!

Indeed, this bug has been fixed in our latest maintenance release of our plugins. To learn more about it > https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-for-the-week-of-22-january-2018/

Please update the plugins and see if it works for you.

The “Fix Venues” button only shows up for venues that don’t have certain fields created in the database. This is the case when activating Events Calendar PRO after already having created venues with The Events Calendar only.

If you need a venue to fetch the Lat and Long coordinatest, then you will need to edit the venue and save it.

We are trying to come up with a snippet that works similar as the “Fix Venues” button and accomplish this in one hit. We will let you know in this thread of the snippet once we finish it.

Thanks,
    Victor

themal
    Participant

This reply is private.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Mal!

Thanks for following up with this.

That is mainly because the Lat and Long coordinates are missing from the venues. You can generate their coordinates by editing and updating the venues, without any other action in the middle. This will fetch the coordinates from the Google Maps API (this is the exact bug we fixed)

Please try updating the venues and see if they show up in the View as Map.

Thanks,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘View as Map not showing events however map on events work fine’ is closed to new replies.