VERY slow admin area with recent TEC Pro 4.4.24 update

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO VERY slow admin area with recent TEC Pro 4.4.24 update

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Melissa Jewett
    Participant

I am experiencing the same problem with a slow dashboard since the Events Calender Pro 4.4.24 update earlier this week. I believe I updated it on Thursday, and it crashed our dashboard entirely. While we were able to get it back up, it has been crawling ever since. Once I deactivated the events Calendar Pro plugin today, the dashboard was running at it’s normal speed all of a sudden. We love our events calendar, but as an online newspaper, we have to be able to post and publish local news for readers, which is impossible when our dashboard gives us 404 errors and loses connection to the server because it times out.

We’ve done all the troubleshooting for the database and server side, so the last resort was to look at plugins. We only had a few that had recently been updated prior to the problems development. TEC was one of them. I deactivated all of our plugins today and turned them on one by one until the dashboard started having a problem again. TEC pro was the last plugin I’d activated when it occurred. I have not updated it to 4.4.24 yet because we were experiencing such an issue doing anything on the backend of the website.

Help! We love our events calendar and so does our community.

========================
    PLEASE LEAVE FOR SUPPORT
    Reporting the same issue as: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/very-slow-admin-area-with-recent-tec-pro-4-4-24-1-update/

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Melissa!

I’m really sorry to hear you’ve also been impacted by this issue.

As you can see from the thread you linked to, we are aware of this issue and our developers are already investigating this.

I will link this to the corresponding report so we can let you know as soon as we have an update for it.

In the meantime, the workaround is to downgrade to our previous version of Events Calendar PRO 4.4.23. Here’s a guide that explains how you can downgrade your plugins > https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/downgrading-plugin-past-version/

We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience.

Best,
    Victor

Nico

Hello,

Reaching out to let you know we released a hotfix for Events Calendar PRO that addresses the performance issues in the admin area. We are sorry about the issues caused and appreciate the patience while we worked a fix out.

Please update Events Caledar PRO to version 4.4.24.2 and let us know if the fix works for your site.

Release blog post → https://theeventscalendar.com/announcing-events-calendar-pro-4-4-24-2/

Best,
    Nico

Melissa Jewett
    Participant

Great! I will update it shortly and let you know if I experience any other problems. Thank you for getting a fix out so quickly!

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Melissa!

Thanks for following up!

We’ll wait for your confirmation. Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
    Victor

Melissa Jewett
    Participant

The admin is running perfectly. Whatever was slowing it down seems to have been resolved with the latest update. Thank you guys so much!

Victor
    Keymaster

Hey Melissa!

Glad to know about that. We appreciate you following up to let us know.

I’ll go ahead and close this thread now, but feel free to open a new topic if anything comes up and we’ll be happy to help. 🙂

Cheers,
    Victor

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘VERY slow admin area with recent TEC Pro 4.4.24 update’ is closed to new replies.