Versioning & Filter Bar

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets Versioning & Filter Bar

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Sheila
    Participant

I’m a little confused. Below are the versions I have installed. I think they’re all up to date. But I’m seeing this error:
    The following plugins are out of date: The Events Calendar: Filter Bar 3.9. All add-ons contain dependencies on The Events Calendar and will not function properly unless paired with the right version. And of course it says my license is expired.

To be honest when I look at the Filter Bar it doesn’t appear to have any filters selected. I’ve disabled it and can’t see any difference. Do I still need this plugin? If so, what version should it be?

The Events Calendar Version 3.12.2
    The Events Calendar PRO Version 3.12.1
    The Events Calendar: Community Events Version 3.12
    The Events Calendar: Filter Bar: Version 3.9

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for using our plugins.

The plugins in General should all be at the same version number for the first two numbers. So in this case 3.12.

Since Filter Bar is at 3.9 it is not even showing on your site.

The search bar that is showing is part of the core plugin.

Here is the features of the Filter Bar:

Filter Bar

But if you just like the existing search bar you can deactivate Filter Bar.

Let me know if you have any follow up questions.

Thanks

Sheila
    Participant

Thanks Brian. So I reactivated Filter Bar and when I try to view the Filters in Settings I get this error:

Fatal error: Class ‘Tribe__Events__Pro__Geo_Loc_Filter’ not found in /home/northw88/public_html/wp-content/plugins/events-calendar-pro/src/Tribe/Geo_Loc.php on line 103

Any idea why? Could it just be that it needs updating? I need to show them why they should pay to update it but so far I can’t get it to work.

Thanks,
    Sheila

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

Yep it needs to be updated to 3.12 otherwise it will not work.

Brian
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

Sheila
    Participant

Brilliant! Thank you. I’ve successfully updated it and can show them how it works. So they still will need to buy it in order to update next time, right?

Brian
    Keymaster

Yep that is correct. You will need to buy to upgrade when we release the next version.

Thanks

Sheila
    Participant

I probably SHOULD start another ticket but I suspect this is a quick question. I’m trying to help them make their calendar page more user friendly. The Filter helped a lot. I also added the grid and map options which they weren’t using. But the map option looks like crap. http://northwestdharma.org/events/map/

I suspect this means customizing a template. Are there any easy settings to help me fix this? If not can you point me to any guidelines about how to edit the template to make this look better (featured image as small image in excerpt)?

Brian
    Keymaster

Yes you should 🙂 But….

I looked at the page and see what you mean.

I found this css help fixed many of the issues:

.tribe-events-list.tribe-events-map .tribe-events-loop {
    top: 0;
    }
    .tribe-events-list.tribe-events-map .tribe-events-event-image,
    .tribe-events-list.tribe-events-map .tribe-events-event-image img {
    width: auto;
    }
    .tribe-events-list.tribe-events-map .tribe-events-event-image {
    max-width: 30%;
    }
    .tribe-events-list.tribe-events-map .tribe-events-event-image + div.tribe-events-content {
    width: 65%;
    }

Add that css to your theme’s stylesheet or through a plugin such as Simple Custom CSS.

Beyond that we have the themer’s guide for more direct editing of the template:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/themers-guide/

Cheers

Sheila
    Participant

PERFECT! you’re the best. I had to add !important for the CSS to work but no biggie. Greatly appreciated. You can close this now.

Brian
    Keymaster

Great glad it helps.

I am going to close this ticket, but if you need anything else related to this topic or another please post a new topic on the forum and we can help you out.

Thanks

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Versioning & Filter Bar’ is closed to new replies.