"veranstaltung" (event) displayed in lower case

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events "veranstaltung" (event) displayed in lower case

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Oliver
    Participant

Hi,

since the version 3.12. the word “veranstaltung” (event) is displayed only in lower case.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/uafk3ihfn0wh8zj/Screenshot-tp-jazz-1.png?dl=0
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/s2hmton8n6gc0i1/Screenshot-tp-jazz-2.jpg?dl=0

Before everything was fine. I have been able to reproduce this in all three (productive and test) environments.

Maybe you can add this to the ticket with the other translation issues.

Best regards,
    Oliver

Geoff

Hey Oliver,

Thanks for the heads up, man!

Quick question: why would the word be capitalized in those contexts? None of us at Modern Tribe are fluent in German and just want to know the difference for the caps in these instances versus others so we can figure out the best way to get it right.

Thanks again!
    Geoff

Oliver
    Participant

Hi Geoff,

The word “Veranstaltung” is a substantive therefore in German it has to be capitalized always.
    In the translation files (po/mo) it is capitalized, but shows up in lower case in the frontend.

Best regards,
    Oliver

• This reply was modified 8 years, 6 months ago by Oliver.
    Geoff

Thanks, Oliver! That helps a bunch and I appreciate it. 🙂

I’ve created a ticket for us to fix this and release a patch. In the meantime, a short-term fix to consider (since figuring this out could take a while) is to modify his translations to replace the %s or %1$s with the literal word.

Cheers,
    Geoff

Oliver
    Participant

Thanks Geoff! This is a appropriate workaround.
    Nevertheless I hope in the next version it get fixed 😉

Best,
    Oliver

Geoff

Absolutely! We’ll certainly keep you posted here as we make progress or have other info to share. Thanks a ton for letting us know!

Geoff

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Geoff

Hey Oliver!

Just wanted to jump in here and let you know that we released The Events Calendar 4.0.6 last night and it included a fix for this issue. Please check your WordPress updates, or you can also grab the latest copy over on WordPress.org.

Thanks for your patience while we worked on this! Please feel free to open a new thread if you continue to experience the same issue or have any other questions that pop up during updating and we’d be happy to help. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘"veranstaltung" (event) displayed in lower case’ is closed to new replies.