ver 2.0.10 conflict with theme

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO ver 2.0.10 conflict with theme

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Leonard
    Participant

we were using 2.0.9 and now updated, and the slider and our dropdown menu does not work.

did the jquery version that gets loaded change with this update?

need help.

Barry

The version of jQuery that The Events Calendar expects is simply the version that ships with WordPress by default, so, if your site is using something other than that then that’s liable to cause problems.

(As I think we covered by email, your site is using an older copy of jQuery – perhaps your theme or another plugin is enqueuing this – if so, consider contacting the vendor of whichever component is making this change.)

Leonard
    Participant

i deactivated all the other plugins and only activated events cal and pro and the drop down menu, the sticky menu and the homepage slider does not work. as soon as i deactivate the events cal (the free version only) it starts working…

this theme was built in house – but the developer is not here anymore.

can you help me trouble shoot it a little more?

in the functions file i did see it enqueuing jquery, but even removing that did not help.

i can give you access with email if you would like.

Barry

Hi Leonard: I visited your site again and the version if jQuery in use is still 1.6.4 – and the error I can see in the console is consistent with the problem I detailed here.

So it’s likely that you’ve missed a bit of code somewhere which removes the shipped version of jQuery and replaces it with this one. The URL suggests it is your theme that is responsible for this:

http://www.verdugohillshospital.org/wp-content/themes/vhh/js/jquery-1.6.4.min.js

(Noting the copy of jQuery is found within themes/vhh)

What you are looking for is likely to be a wp_dequeue_script() call immediately followed by a wp_enqueue_script() call – however I can’t really help you with finding that. If your developer has moved on and you can’t locate this then I’d have to recommend that you hire a new developer or designer for this task, it shouldn’t take someone with experience and the right tools very long at all to find the code in question.

What I don’t know of course is if there might be side-effects – perhaps that older version of jQuery is required for a reason (such as making the slider work) … again if so you will probably need assistance in working through this.

Leonard
    Participant

Thanks Barry. I was able to find it where is was doing that – but when i just removed the code to not delist and then enqueue the older version it did not work (was thinking then the WP version would load)…so where he was enqueueing the older version – i just changed it to the jquery.com hosted version (latest) and now it works… THANKS AGAIN! Here is what the code looks like in the functions php (http://prntscr.com/lxafl).

One small thing – we are using Yoast’s WP SEO plugin and his breadcrumbs…but on our calendar page…the breadcrumb just shows home…anyway we can get that to work? in the seo plugin already said to show the event category for the events taxonomy. only the main calendar page is not showing the breadcrumb…when you view an event it shows fine.

thanks again.

Barry

Hi Leonard: could I be a pain and ask you to raise that question as a separate post? It makes it a lot easier for us and others to research when searching for existing answers at a later date.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘ver 2.0.10 conflict with theme’ is closed to new replies.