Venues/locations not importing/Tags/Catagories

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Venues/locations not importing/Tags/Catagories

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    James
    Participant

Okay just configured the Facebook events plugin and it is not importing the venues or locations. I think this is due to the new API update.
    It is however adding a website link and this is the source upon facebook but then it is not the actual event itself which would have the venue.

Also is there a way to add tags or categories through the FB event?

Please advise once the interface for the new API is resolved?

James
    Participant

Also the detail’s and ticket link are not pulling over.

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi Again,

Sorry for these issues. Apparently, any Facebook APP created within the last week is not pulling in the Venue details from Facebook. Old Facebook Apps are still working. We believe this is related to the upcoming retirement of the API we are using on April 30th. If you have an old Facebook APP it should work correctly until we get this resolved.

We are working on resolving this and I hope to have an update on this on Monday.

As for Categories and the ticket links those are not available with the Graph API so we are unable to import them.

They maybe available when we switch to the new API.

I did help someone set a default category for the plugin that maybe to help you:

https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/set-default-category-for-facecbook-importer/

We will update this ticket once we know more about how to resolve the venue import issue.

Thanks

Brian
    Keymaster

Hello,

I wanted to let you know we just released a fix to Facebook Events for the Venue and Organizer not importing. Please update to Facebook Events 3.9.2 to resolve this issue, it is available now in your account downloads or by automatic update.

You can read more about the release here:

https://theeventscalendar.com/release-events-calendar-pro-facebook-events-edd-tickets-3-9-2/

Let us know how this works out.

Thanks

James
    Participant

okay with the recent updates I am still not getting the auto import to function. I have it set to auto import hourly, but I wait and wait and nothing. I can manually import just fine.

Might you consider adding a test function to test the auto function of importing? Perhaps it can run but not post just email the person in the test that it is operating? Just a suggestion.

James
    Participant

Also venue is not importing still. I am getting unnamed venue. Is there something I need to do for this? DO I have to have the venue set up on the website itself?

James
    Participant

venues are working

tkwalker
    Participant

Hi Brian,

Once again, thanks for helping me set the Category for the Facebook Importer. It is working great. Now can you help me set the Tag?

This was the line to assign a Category:
    wp_set_object_terms( $event_id, ‘Category Name’, ‘tribe_events_cat’, FALSE );

What is the method to assign a Tag?

Thanks Brian
    TK

James
    Participant

I am not getting categories, tags or the ticket link is not coming over. Also would like the website to be not the Facebook fan page but the actual event or the ticket link. How do we set these?

Brian
    Keymaster

Sorry for the late reply the system kicked this over to another admin and I did not get notification there was new posts.

TK,

Please create a new post so we can help you one on one with this. We try to keep tickets to single customers and single topics so we can better keep track of everything and give you one on one support. However, to get you started there is the wp_set_post_tags():

https://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/wp_set_post_tags

Events use Post Tags so you can just use that function.

Hi James,

Unfortunately, in the current form of the API the tags or the ticket link are not available to be imported. There is also no feature to set the website nor is there a feature to import categories.

If you would like to set a default category the only way is to modify the plugin following these steps:

https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/set-default-category-for-facecbook-importer/#dl_post-950043

I am also going to close this thread as the original issue has been resolved in regards to venues being imported. We can still help out with either of these customizations, but it is best to do that in their own threads and I am not sure if I will get notified if you post back here.

Thanks

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Venues/locations not importing/Tags/Catagories’ is closed to new replies.