Venues to WordPress Categories

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Venues to WordPress Categories

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Ivan
    Participant

Hi,

would be possible to add Event Venues to default WordPress caterories?

Geoff B.

Hello again Ivan,

would be possible to add Event Venues to default WordPress categories?

I am not sure what you have in mind exactly (what you are trying to do) ? Could you please expand a bit on what your goal is ?

In the meantime, here is some useful information on what a venue is (from a WordPress perspective):

An Event venue is actually a custom post type (just like an event is). In other words, in theory, it could have a category attached to it (that would require some customization), but it will not be possible to change its nature (being a post).

The good news is, depending on what you are looking to do, there is a probably a solution for it!

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

Ivan
    Participant

Hi,

perfect, basically what I want to do is import Venues to default WP Categories. So the Venue will be also WP Category.

The thing is; my page is running about 6 years. Until now I was using WP categories as places of concerts, gigs etc. Now the navigation on the page is bit chaotic.

Geoff B.

Good evening Ivan,

I see what you are trying to do.

The way WordPress’ architecture is set up, each post type gets his own category meta (pages, posts, events, etc..).

Some post types choose to not even use categories (like venues at the current moment – but that could be changed).

I do not believe you can directly attach a custom post type to a different post-type category meta (such as the default WP categories).

What you could do though is:

1. Add categories to the Venue custom post-type
    2. Make these category names match exactly the default WordPress post type ones
    3. Modify your functions to look for and return items that have a matching name in all post types categories.

Let me know if that helps.

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Venues to WordPress Categories’ is closed to new replies.