Help Desk

Venues not being imported with Scheduled iCalendar URL

We’re using this URL https://outlook.office365.com/owa/calendar/45b68a0ccf674ed4b8ea5d6006c6e1c8@ugf.edu/48d18da9871e495aaed7eca6dc00355110211127213952398851/calendar.ics

Events are imported and updated correctly with exception of the Venues. Venues aren’t being created or applied to the appropriate events.

The Event locations do appear when using the feed in the iCal app. So the feed appears to be configured correctly. Not sure why Event Aggregator isn’t importing those locations as Venues.

Hi Julie!

Thanks for reaching out to us and for following up to let us know more details of the issue.

My apologies for a bit of a delay here. We’ve been having a higher demand in the forums for the last days.

Unfortunately, I could reproduce the issue you are having with the source you provided. I have logged a report for this issue and link this thread to it. I will change the status to “Pending fix” so the team will let you know as soon as they release a fix in a future maintenance release.

In the meantime, the only workaround I could find is to download the .ics file from the iCalendar and do a manual import by uploading the file. I know it’s not ideal because it won’t let you schedule an import, but at least it will get the venues imported. Could you please try that and let us know if it works for you?

I’m sorry for the inconvenience and we’d appreciate your patience.

Do let us know if you have any other questions and we’d be happy to help.

Best,
    Victor

Hi Julie!

Just wanted to share with you that a new maintenance release (for the Week of 3 December 2017) is out, including a fix for this issue.

Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-week-3-december-2017/

Please update the plugins and let us know if the fix works for your site.

Best,
    Victor

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

The topic ‘Venues not being imported with Scheduled iCalendar URL’ is closed to new replies.