Venues missing in filter bar – code found but question on where to add

Home Forums Calendar Products Filter Bar Venues missing in filter bar – code found but question on where to add

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    woxx s.c.
    Participant

Hello, we seem to have the problem referenced in https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/organizer-drop-down-list-incomplete-in-filter-bar/ (incomplete list of venues in our filter bar, we do have quite a lot) but I do wonder where I should add the code snippet. Could you please help?

Moreover, I was wondering if you have already considered adding an option to limit the filter bar values to those that actually are in events to come OR in events not hidden from the calendar view. That could help limiting the number of values and making a leaner filter bar.

Best regards, Florent

Crisoforo
    Keymaster

Hey!

Thank you for reaching out to us!

Answering your question about, where to place the code? in your current active theme there should be a file called functions.php, you can place your snippets there, after that make sure to save the changes and you should be all set.

Important: Make sure to create a backup of your original functions.php in case you want to roll back at some point, you should be able to edit the file directly into your WordPress dashboard by going at: Administration > Appearance > Editor, ideally you should be doing this in a staging / local environment instead of a production environment to prevent any issue with your live site, we have a great article about the staging environment it might be helpful for you as well.

About the second one I’m not quite sure, so I need to ask to the current development team about it but you can always send us your ideas at this location where other users as well can collaborate by voting the ones that might be more useful for them, please feel free to do so.

Let me know if there is anything else I can do for. I’m going to send you an update as soon as I have one from the current development team.

Best
    Crisoforo

woxx s.c.
    Participant

Thanks a lot Crisoforo, I added the code in my child theme’s functions.php first in QA then in production (makes sense obviously, I guess I was confused by the PHP file name on the code page, sorry), and all is well!

Cheers, Florent

woxx s.c.
    Participant
    Crisoforo
    Keymaster

That’s great, please let me know if you have any other questions about it and remember wer are here to help you.

Have a great day.

Best
    Crisoforo

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Venues missing in filter bar – code found but question on where to add’ is closed to new replies.