Venues are not imported (anymore)…

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Venues are not imported (anymore)…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Carsten
    Participant

Hi Everybody,

not sure if this applies to the problems other reported or if this is a different thing.

We have defined the “Where” in all our events and if you click on Map, they are successfully located on google maps. So far so good….

BUT…if we run the import, the venue is not placed into the events entry!

I would be happy if the event venue just shows up, even if it’s not properly mapped when clicking on it. But it’s not imported at all.

Looks like the importer is broken.

Patricia

Hey Carsten,

Thank you for reaching out to us! I’m very sorry about this issue you are experiencing, let me help you to solve it!

Can you please share with us in a private reply the calendar URL from where you are importing your events from?

We can test importing it ourselves and see what we find, and compare the results.

Thanks!

Patricia

Carsten
    Participant

This reply is private.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 7 months ago by Carsten.
    Patricia

This reply is private.

Carsten
    Participant

Hi Patricia,

I did everything…went the hard way and deactivated all plugins, then installed a blank WP instance. It all didn’t work.

Then I found out the problem:

I used iCalendar to import the ICS file from Google and not Google Calendar. I’m still not sure why venues are not imported when you take the iCalendar import, but that’s the reason.

As soon as I used Google Calendar as Source for the import I see the venues again.

So thanks again for your help!

Patricia

Hi Carsten,

I’m glad to know you were able to find the cause of the issue!

The iCalendar option is more general and allows to import events from any calendar application with an active and valid iCalendar feed, which is defined as feeds that offer a standardized format for exchanging calendar data between applications, while Google Calendar is a more specific import type, allowing to import Events that are published to a Google Calendar account, so this option is the best one to use in your case indeed.

Let me know if you need anything else and have a great day!

Best regards,

Patricia

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Venues are not imported (anymore)…’ is closed to new replies.