Venues and Organizers duplicating from Eventbrite import

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets Venues and Organizers duplicating from Eventbrite import

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    David Lerner
    Participant

Hi,
    I need some assistance with what appears to be a bug that causes all of my venue and organizer titles to duplicate upon being imported into my site from Eventbrite.
    I do not want these venues or organizers saved at all as they are typically one time only events. Within my site’s backend, I have created a set list of the venues and organizers that I would like saved and that’s all I want stored; I understood that after a venue or organizer was created once, further imports would match the existing entries.
    Keep in mind, these aren’t duplicate events, or even duplicate locations or organizer on eventbrite itself… Thanks!!

Thanks!

Kelly
    Participant

Hi, bangerkuwranger. Great question! 🙂

First, let me just say that I love the way you’ve integrated TEC within your site. It looks great!

As far as the duplicating Organizers and Venues goes, that sounds really frustrating. The plugin does run checks to try to prevent it from duplicating existing data. Is is possible that you’re using multiple Eventbrite accounts/API keys when importing? That could lead to duplication.

If not, would you mind sending me some examples of the events on EB and your site that are causing the duplicates? It should be easier to narrow down the cause if we can replicate the behavior on our test-beds.

David Lerner
    Participant

Hi,
    Can you provide me with more info. on how the plugin checks for duplicates? Is it possible to turn off that part of the API key. We are currently using numerous API keys for various members of our team. It’s not an option for us to share one key.

Thanks

Barry

Hi, bangerkuwranger.

I think Kelly has most likely hit on the problem.

Keep in mind, these aren’t duplicate events, or even duplicate locations or organizer on eventbrite itself… Thanks!!

The importer is looking at the unique ID returned by Eventbrite for these organizers/venues and that is used in the decision to either pull in the venue/organizer as if it is a new entity or else to re-use an existing entry. With that in mind, are you positive that the duplicates all have the same source?

In other words, were all of the events created using the same Eventbrite account? If not then they probably are referencing different venues and organizers that happen to share some or all of the same data: if you could provide some examples of relevant Eventbrite event IDs as Kelly requested that would be great.

I do not want these venues or organizers saved at all as they are typically one time only events.

OK, so currently that’s not an option. We’d be more than happy to consider this as a feature request, however – and if you want to explore a short-term solution of your own you could consider leveraging the wp_insert_post action hook (or another suitable hook) to immediately delete any organizer/venues that you don’t want to be pulled in.

If you could follow up with regards to example IDs though that would be great and will help us to check this out in more detail.

Thanks!

Barry

This thread’s not seen much activity for the last couple of weeks so I’ll go ahead and close it. Of course if you still need help with this or any other issue please don’t hesitate to create a new thread (or threads) and one of the team will be only too happy to help. Thanks!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Venues and Organizers duplicating from Eventbrite import’ is closed to new replies.