Venues and organizers are still available for creations after settings are off

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Venues and organizers are still available for creations after settings are off

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Dmitry
    Participant

Hi!

In the settings of the community plugin I have turned off the option to create new venues and organizers (users can use only the ones, which are already created)
    However, when non-admin user is on the event-creation page he is still able to enter a non-existing orginizer name in the search field, press enter and create a new organizer/venue.

Would be thankful for help and advise.

Kind regards,

Barry

Hi Dmitry,

Thanks for flagging this!

I can certainly see the same thing if I log in as an editor or administrator, but not for other tiers of user.

Can you confirm the roles of the users you are experiencing this with? If they are custom roles of any kind, can you if possible detail the capabilities they have been granted?

Thanks!

Barry

Hi Dmitry,

After further investigation we’re in agreement that this is a bug and will address in a future release.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

Dmitry
    Participant

Hi, Barry.

Thank you very much for investigation, will be waiting for further updates.

Just FYI, in my WP site, users, who have access to post events in community plugin have standard “author” roles. No custom roles used. Thank you

Kind regards,

Dmitry

Barry

Gotcha – thanks for confirming. It’s definitely something we need to tighten up and we’ll post an update in here once we’ve got some news to report on this bug 🙂

Nico

Hey,

Just wanted to share with you that a new maintenance release (for the Week of 26th June 2017) is out, including a fix for this issue ?

Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-week-26th-june-2017/

Please update the plugins and let us know if the fix works for your site,
    Best,
    Nico

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Venues and organizers are still available for creations after settings are off’ is closed to new replies.