Venue Page Glitch when there are no upcoming events

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Venue Page Glitch when there are no upcoming events

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    jebs38
    Participant

Dear Support,

I have found what I think is a glitch. When I go to a venue page where there are no upcoming events, there seems to be a missing div in the code, as it does not display properly. See my example here:

http://events.bestofnj.com/venue/world-jeep-chrysler-dodge-ram

I know you might think that this is much ado about nothing, but I am looking to make a page that displays all the venues regardless of whether they have an event coming up soon or not, and that venues page would not display correctly when someone clicks on a link to go to their page.

Barry

Hi John, sorry to hear that you are experiencing difficulties.

If you navigate to Events > Settings > Template you will see a dropdown labelled Events Template. What is this set to? If it is set to Default Events Template can you let me know if you have customized/overridden ecp-single-template.php?

If you have, please post the code from that template using a service such as Pastebin or Gist.

Cheers!

jebs38
    Participant

Barry,

Thanks for responding. The template is set to default and here is what my custom template looks like: http://pastebin.com/nJnUbT1R

Barry

Have you also customized single-venue.php – if so can you share that?

Barry

(Also, can you tell me if this problem occurs if you restore the default templates?)

Barry

(Also, can you tell me if this problem occurs if you restore the default templates?)

jebs38
    Participant

Barry, I tried restoring one a moment ago and I got the same behavior plus that full page format on all the pages that I despise. I don’t mind responsive themes, but having the information stretch out to 100% of a wide screen monitor makes the event information unreadable.

jebs38
    Participant
    Barry

John thanks for your patience so far: this could indeed be a problem with our basic template structure – but I’ll need a little further time to confirm this.

Please bear with me and I’ll get back to you as soon as I can (which quite likely will be tomorrow).

Barry

OK, so it looks like the opening tag for the #tribe-events-content div is only printed to the screen if there are upcoming events for the venue. The closing tag for the same div is always printed though, which unbalances things.

Can you try this alternative code for single-venue.php? http://pastebin.com/AS1HWehc

jebs38
    Participant

Barry,
    I just found your response. Somehow the notification system for the forum seems a little glitchy. Let me try the alt. code.

jebs38
    Participant

Barry, that did the trick. Thanks a million!

Barry

Excellent! Views/templates are being overhauled for the 3.0 release so hopefully we won’t see this again.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘Venue Page Glitch when there are no upcoming events’ is closed to new replies.