Venue & Organizer Blank Issue

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Venue & Organizer Blank Issue

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    jebs38
    Participant

Dear Tribe,

I have finally tracked down the issue with my install and I wanted to report this just in case anyone ever runs into this issue or a similar issue. In my install, the venue and organizer problem only shows up when you do not let Facebook Import post the event as published. If you post as pending, the venue and organizer do not populate that cell in the database or on your site. I was able to find the problem with help from my excellent hosting company, WPEngine and their very helpful staff. Here is what I just posted on a support ticket:

Jason, and all the WPE support staff,

You guys have gone way beyond the call of duty in helping me with this and you have really helped me find the problem. I continued my testing keeping in mind what might have been the difference between the test install and the live install and the staging install. There was one minor difference that made every bit of difference.

It was whether or not I let the plugin auto-post the event or not. When I let the plugin do auto-post rather than put it in the pending status, the plugin works perfectly. The issue is in the pending status function, not in the database, not in my theme, not in the plugin or even in any other plugin that was causing interference.

This is the final resolution of the never ending and highly frustrating and for me almost despairing support thread here:

https://tri.be/support/forums/topic/blank-venue-organizer/#post-112640

Thanks,
    John

Barry

Hi John,

Thanks first of all for letting us know. That does seem to be a valid bug which you’ll be reassured to know we can replicate. It goes without saying that we’re sorry we didn’t manage to determine it was due to this setting previously and am glad you and WP Engine were able to determine this.

We’ll certainly get this slated for a fix.

Thanks again!

jebs38
    Participant

Barry,

Is there a support thread that details this issue? I have not been able to find one.

John

Barry

Do you mean a previous thread detailing a similar problem? With the exception of your own previous threads I haven’t seen this documented by any other users (though our search tool isn’t infallible). We do now have this on our own internal issue tracker however.

Does that answer your question?

jebs38
    Participant

I misunderstood you Barry. I thought that you were saying that it had been documented in the forums. I also misspoke when I mentioned a support thread. I meant a forum thread.

I am just glad that it is working now.

John

Barry

Unfortunately we weren’t able to squeeze this one into our next upcoming release (3.5) but I wanted to drop a note in here to let you know it’s still on our radar and we will try hard to fit it in to the next release instead. Thanks for your support and patience in the meantime!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Venue & Organizer Blank Issue’ is closed to new replies.