Venue & Organiser views and filtering

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Venue & Organiser views and filtering

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Paul

I’ve been playing around with the free version, but I am not exactly sure what I need to purchase to get the extra functionality I want.

Here’s what I need:

1. In the LIST view I want the Venue name to link to a separate page with all the Venue details

2. In the LIST view I want the Organiser name to link to a separate page with all the Organiser details

3. In the Search bar of the LIST view, I want a “Filter by Venue” dropdown
    See http://ncmusicfactory.com/events for an example – the dropdown says “Sort by Venue” but it actually should say “Filter by Venue”, because that is what it does. FILTER by venue is what I want.

4. In the Search bar of the LIST view, I want a “Filter by Organiser” dropdown

Can you please tell what version and/or add-ons I need to purchase to provide this functionality?

Jami
    Blocked

Hey Paul! Welcome to the community! Those are some great questions. I’ll do my best to address each of them below:

1. In the LIST view I want the Venue name to link to a separate page with all the Venue details

We’ve put together a handy plugin that creates a couple of shortcodes that will list all of your venues and organizations. In order for the shortcodes to function, you’ll need to have both the core Events Calendar plugin, the PRO version, and the Venue/Organizer Shortcodes plugin installed and activated. Once you have your venues listed on a page with that shortcode, you can customize the list page view template with a link to that page.

2. In the LIST view I want the Organiser name to link to a separate page with all the Organiser details

Same deal as above here. You can use the following shortcode with the Venue/Organizer Shortcodes plugin to generate a list of organizers: [list_organizers]

3. In the Search bar of the LIST view, I want a “Filter by Venue” dropdown.

To add additional search configurations (including “Filter by Venue”), you should look at using the Filter Bar add-on. It will work with both the core Events Calendar plugin and the Pro version. Here’s an example of it in action (click “Show Filters”):  http://wpshindig.com/events/

4. In the Search bar of the LIST view, I want a “Filter by Organiser” dropdown

We got you covered here too! The Filter Bar add-on will take care of this for you as well. Another cool thing about this add-on is that you can organize the search filters however you’d like by just dragging and dropping them into place. 🙂

So from all of those features you’ve listed, it sounds like you should look into adding the Pro version and the Filter Bar add-on.

Let me know if there’s something I may have missed or if you had any other questions about those features!

Kind Regards,
    Jami

Paul

Hey Jami thanks for the detailed reply.

Now I know exactly what I need to get.

Jami
    Blocked

Thanks for the follow up, Paul! Awesome to hear you’re on track. I’m going to close this forum thread but feel free to open up a new one if you have any other questions. 🙂

Kind Regards,
    Jami

Gustavo Bordoni
    Keymaster

Just closed the Thread. If you need any further help Paul, please open a new Topic here on our forums and our support team will be happy to assist you.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Venue & Organiser views and filtering’ is closed to new replies.