Venue Links on Map

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Venue Links on Map

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    James
    Participant

I am new to all this and welcome any support. Everything you have done is great just wish the admin gui had more options.
    Here is my dilemma:
    I am trying to find a way to have the venue/link to show in the map instead of the event/link. I have looked at the code but just cant figure it out. the reason for this is that we have multiple times and/or days that this event will take place. The map as of now, will only link to the latest event for the city and people are missing the other dates. If I had the venue as the link it would show all events at that venue, which solves my problem. Or do I have another option for the map view?
    Thanks Again

Barry

That’s some great feedback and if you wanted to post it on UserVoice as a feature request it would certainly be welcome 🙂

It’s definitely possible to tweak things. Though they aren’t straight-up solutions to what you’ve outlined, these threads may be of interest:

The essence being you can to an extent modify the marker data via the tribe_events_ajax_response filter.

Does that help at all?

James
    Participant

OK This is what I did.
    If you have a-lot of events at one venue and you want the map to reflect Permalink of the Venue to show all the upcoming events instead of one event per city. Use the patch below (Note: If and when you update you may need to reapply this patch. Until Tribe adds this option to the plugin. Also Back up site or plugin folder before you proceed.)

Hope I didn’t make a mistake…LOL please correct me if I am wrong.

Open
    plugins > events-calender-pro > lib – edit: tribe-geoloc.class.php
    On line: 794 or search for
    To: $link = get_permalink( $venue_id );
    Now the link will direct to the venue Permalink
    To change the name (Event: to Venue:) Before the link you will need to open the
    plugins > events-calender-pro > resources – edit: tribe-events-ajax-maps.js
    On line: 49 or search for
    Old: var content = “Event: ” + content_title;
    New: var content = “Venue: ” + content_title;
    Then edit: tribe-events-ajax-maps.min.js Search for f=”Event: “+d; and change to: f=”Venue: “+d;

Refresh your cache and test. This patch worked for me. I hope in the future that thaey add an option for maps and add a drop down to select from Venue or event.

Barry

Glad you figured something out here 🙂

Mostly for the benefit of others I’d definitely emphasize that modifying core code in this way should be generally avoided if there’s a suitable alternative but if this works for you and you’re happy to reapply the patch that’s great (please do post a feature request if you want us to consider it in future releases!).

Cheers!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Venue Links on Map’ is closed to new replies.