Venue Link

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Jesus
    Participant

Anyway I can get the Venue Link to link to the website of the venue/organizer in List View? Clicking on the link now leads me to a other events at the venue. That’s not what people expect.

Rob

We may be able to provide you some guidance on this; though I will say that from what we’ve seen, users are expecting that the frontend venue link is going to take them to a page showing all events at that venue (we actually added it because we got so many requests for that).

This being said, what you’re aiming for could likely be hacked together. Let me see what our developer Jonah can offer up…he’ll chime in directly.

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Jesus,

There is currently no field available for a Venue website but I have added this as a feature for an upcoming version. No promises but it should be easy enough to code in.

As for Organizers you can use the tribe_get_organizer_link() template tag to output the Organizer supplied website. More details can be found here: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/documentation/the-events-calendar-template-tags-organizer-functions/#functiontribe_get_organizer_link

Let us know if you need anything else.

Regards,
    Jonah

nakturnal
    Participant

Is there a patch we could add for the Venue Website link? I think it’s a great idea, as well! Thanks!

Rob

Jonah may be able to offer up a solution there, Leigh. I know he’s out the next few days but should be able to comment on his return.

Jesus
    Participant

Thanks for looking into this.

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Leigh,

No, unfortunately there’s no easy patch for this. You could try using a plugin like Advanced Custom Fields (http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/advanced-custom-fields/) which will allow you to add any custom fields you want for events. That’s all I can offer for now.

Regards,
    Jonah

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Venue Link’ is closed to new replies.