Venue link

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Jesus
    Participant

Hi. I would like for readers to be able to click the venue link field and be taken to the website of the venue. Right now all it gives me a list of event posts associated with that venue. Not sure of what use that is. Let me know how that can be done. Thanks.

Rob

Hi again Jesus. The purpose of the venue link as it currently operates was based on user feedback that they wanted to see a frontend venue page: that is, a map with details about the venue and a list of all upcoming events at said venue. While you could change this it would require modifying the core plugin, which is not something we advise or unfortunately can provide support on.

That being said: if I understand your goals here, couldn’t you use the “Organizer” fields to this end? Unlike venues, organizers do not create a frontend page and what you add as the organizer URL will be where the reader is taken if they click the organizer’s name from the frontend. Could you not use that here?

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Venue link’ is closed to new replies.