venue is blank in submitted events

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events venue is blank in submitted events

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    William
    Participant

Since the most recent update, when a user submits an event, the venue is blank even when provided. I’ve tested as a non-admin user, still no venue.

William
    Participant

More specifics

The venue is blank on the “edit event” screen, but visible if you preview the event listing or if you click “edit venue.” (screenshot)

Possibly connected, or at least it happened at the same time: Looks like we’re missing the box to select from existing venues on the add an event screen for community users, though it looks fine when I’m logged in as an admin. (Thought for a minute that the option that lets users create their own venues might have something to do with it, but actually it wouldn’t, because whether checked or unchecked, there should still be the option to select from stored events.) https://calendar.hudsonvalleyone.com/events/community/add

I’ve tested on our staging site with all other plugins disabled.

William
    Participant

Screenshot referenced in last post attached.

William
    Participant

Hmmm is it showing up?

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry to hear that you’re experiencing this problem. I will try to help you get this sorted.

This is actually a known bug that we just became aware of. I’ve created a bug ticket for the problem, and am attaching this thread to the ticket. As soon as this bug has been fixed, we will follow up with you here to let you know. In the meantime, a possible workaround is to re-save any venues or organizers you need so they show up under “mine” in the list. This may not be feasible if you have a lot of organizers or venues and need to add a lot of new events, but it may help in some cases until we can get a fix pushed out. You can also try downgrading to the previous version of the Events Calendar.

Thanks so much for reporting this, and please let me know if you have any questions in the meantime.
    Sky

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi William!

Just wanted to share with you that a new release of The Events Calendar is out, including a fix for this issue.

Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/announcing-the-events-calendar-4-6-22-1-and-community-events-4-5-13-1/

We appreciate your patience while we worked on this.

As always, we suggest to setup a dev/staging site so you can make all plugin updates without disrupting the live site.

Please update your plugins and let us know if the fix works for your site.

Best,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘venue is blank in submitted events’ is closed to new replies.