Venue field change effective back in Feb.

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Venue field change effective back in Feb.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    William
    Participant

Greetings!

We grab info from the calendar for print via csv and a formatting script. Recently we noticed something strange- various listings were missing the venue name but including the address and city. Long-story-short, we eventually found that our script was looking for the “VenueVenue” field, which stopped being recorded sometime between Feb. 18 and 21. It appears “VenueVenue” and “wp_post_title” were identical so instead we can use “wp_post_title” for the venue name.

So I don’t really have a problem now, although it took a while to figure that out. I didn’t see it in the release notes for the updates around that time. Was it an intentional change? Of course it makes sense not to have two fields with identical info. Did VenueVenue previously have a different role from post title?

In the future do let us know if any of the fields are changed đŸ™‚

Cliff

Hi, William.

Sorry for that inconvenience.

You can visit https://github.com/moderntribe/the-events-calendar/search?q=VenueVenue&type=Commits for some history.

Unfortunately, I don’t see it getting a specific mention in our changelog, but we do try hard to be comprehensive. Hopefully we’ll do better in the future for you and others.

You may also be generally interested in our Release Notes blog posts.

Thanks for the heads up.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Venue field change effective back in Feb.’ is closed to new replies.