Venue Duplicates

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets Venue Duplicates

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Samy's Camera
    Participant

Hello,

I have multiple duplicates of the same venues coming over from Eventbrite.

I only have one Evenbrite account, and am using the same venue names for each of my events. It seems like every time I do an import from Eventbrite, it adds a new venue to the WP admin.

Please help.

Thanks!

Cliff

Hi. Do you edit the Venue’s title between imports?

For example:

1. Import “123 Easy Street” venue
    2. Edit venue title to “XYZ”
    3. Import another event at this same venue
    4. and then it imports another/new “123 Easy Street” venue
    Samy's Camera
    Participant

Hello,

We have multiple venues for different events, but we dont change the venue names.

For example:

Event A is at Venue 123
    Event B is also at Venue 123
    Event C is at Venue 456
    And Event D is agin at Venue 123.

With this scenario, I am getting 3 instances of Venue 123 in the WP admin.

Cliff

That sounds like it would be a bug.

Could you please provide me the Eventbrite event link(s) so I can try to replicate the issue?

Also, is it happening for all venue names or maybe only for ones that contain certain characters (like em dash vs en dash)?

Samy's Camera
    Participant

Hi, It seems to be happening with all my venues.

Here’s two links to the same event at the same venue, on two different day:

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/sony-alpha-event-meet-the-sony-artisan-jeremy-chan-tickets-31853736383

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/sony-alpha-event-meet-the-sony-artisan-jeremy-chan-tickets-31853881818

Are organizers in EB the same as Venue?

I looked in EB, and there is a section called Unused Venues & Organizers. There are a lot of unused venues listed there (50+). Could this be the cause?

Thanks

Cliff

In both our plugin’s and Eventbrite’s verbiage, Venues are locations, and Organizers are people. However, I don’t know how Eventbrite handles Unused things.

===

was able to replicate the duplicate Venue being created. I will log that as a new bug.

I’ll mark this ticket as Pending Fix, which means this thread should receive a reply once the applicable fix has been released. I cannot guarantee when it will be fixed as it’s in the development team’s hands now. They need to assign it, code it, test it, and schedule it for release.

I apologize for this issue and appreciate your understanding and patience.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hello There!

Just wanted to share with you that a new maintenance release (for the Week of 24 July 2017) is out, including a fix for this issue 🙂

Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-week-24-july-2017/

Please update the plugins and let us know if the fix works for your site.

Best,
    Victor

Victor
    Keymaster

Hello again!

I’m sorry for the confusion here, but we had a misunderstanding with the bug report and I wrongly informed you that this issue was fixed. The following is what we actually discovered about this issue:

The venue assignment/handling system with Eventbrite is a bit sensitive, and so if even a small difference exists between the name/address info of an ostensibly-“same” venue, two different venues will be made on Eventbrite.com.

For example, if you use the abbreviation “St.” for “Street” (with period), and on another event you use “St” (without period), it will consider it a different address, thus a different venue. So this is not the same as “duplicate venues”

Could you please confirm this is the same case for you? Let us know about it.

I apologise once again for the confusion.

Best,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Venue Duplicates’ is closed to new replies.