Venue displaying as "Array" on upcoming events list view

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Venue displaying as "Array" on upcoming events list view

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Zach Cheatham
    Participant

My Client noticed that all events without a venue are showing up with the word “Array” on the list view. Screen shot here: http://grab.by/Ozs0

I had a local version of the site with an older version of Events Calendar/Pro and didn’t have the issue… as soon as I updated it to the latest I’m having that issue locally as well. As you can see in the screenshot, I switched back to 2016 theme to make sure it wasn’t an issue with my custom theme.

Is this a known bug with one of the most recent releases? I’m not overriding the event listing page, this is just the default list view.

Thanks,

Zach

Geoff B.

Good evening Zach and welcome back!

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We are sorry to hear about the word Array creeping up where it shouldn’t. It certainly was not our intention.
    I would love to help you with this topic.

I went ahead and tried to reproduce the bug described and you are 100% right, whenever there is no venue defined for an event, the word array appears instead.  All our apologies for that.

This is a legitimate bug and I have opened a ticket for it. Unfortunately, I cannot commit to a release date at this point. But stay tuned!

In the meantime, the best workaround would be to either hide the venue field using CSS

.events-list .tribe-country-name {display:none !important;}

Or hide the field on a per event basis (still using CSS)

.events-list #post-663 .tribe-country-name, events-list #post-326 .tribe-country-name {display:none !important;}

I wish I had a better answer for you, but for now it’s the best one I have.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Leah

Hello,

Thank you for reporting this issue. We weren’t able to get a fix for it into our upcoming release (4.1). However, please know that the problem is still on our radar and is ticketed within our system to be addressed in a future maintenance release. We’ll do our best to keep you posted when we are able to get a solution in place. Thank you for your patience while we improve and expand our plugins.

Best,
    Leah

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Geoff

Hey Zach,

Just wanted to follow up and let you know that we released version 4.1.1 last night and it included a fix for this issue. I hope Geoff B.’s workaround helped in the meantime, but please update to the latest version if you haven’t already and do let us know if you continue to see any issues from there. 🙂

Cheers and thanks for your patience while we worked on this!

Geoff

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Venue displaying as "Array" on upcoming events list view’ is closed to new replies.