Venue Data Not Saving when Post is Published

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Venue Data Not Saving when Post is Published

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    wfaa
    Participant

We’ve started experiencing an issue with Publishing Events with a Saved Venue. Once a venue is selected and the post is previewed – it works fine.

Once we publish it, it doesn’t display and the Location data is shown with two options (the Saved Venue we selected and a “Use New Venue” option).

Geoff B.

Good evening Daniel and welcome back!

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We are sorry to hear about the issue you are experiencing when publishing event with a Saved Venue.
    I would love to help you with this topic.

Based on the screenshot you sent, there seems to be a conflict at play here.
    I am not sure of the cause at this point, but there are a few things I can think of:

1. There might be a template customization in your WordPress. Could you please send me a copy of your WordPress theme / child theme in a .zip file link (via Dropbox or Google Drive) so that I can run some tests on my end ?
    2. It is possible that PHP 7 might be in cause. But perhaps I should take a look at your theme first.

Additionally, would it be possible to get screenshots of:

• How that event displays in the front-end ?
    • The details of the Edit Venue screen ?

Best regards,

Geoff B.

wfaa
    Participant

This reply is private.

wfaa
    Participant

This reply is private.

wfaa
    Participant

This reply is private.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 8 months ago by wfaa.
    Geoff B.

Hi again Daniel,

Thank you for the screenshots.

I am glad you are making progress on this. The double venue issue still strikes me as very odd though.
    At this point, I am unfortunately unable to reproduce this.

I realize your theme has been the same for months. However, sometimes, when you update our plugins, that can break certain customizations (even ones that might not seem related at all).
    I would like to reiterate my offer to run some tests with your theme/child theme if you are up for it.

Let me know how the WordPress update goes.

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

wfaa
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff B.

Good evening Daniel,

Thank you for keeping us in the loop.

Alright, let’s go with your suggestion and I’m super happy this seemed like an isolated incident.

Let us know if anything else comes up.

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Venue Data Not Saving when Post is Published’ is closed to new replies.