Venue Approval

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Venue Approval

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I run a site where users have the ability to add their own events. The problem is that they often create new venues even though the venue they are creating already exists in the system. I still have the button that gives me the ability to merge duplicate venues in the admin, however I am looking to prevent duplicates from being created in the future. Is there a way that I can set all venues to be approved before published, or not allow users to create new venues with the same as existing ones.

Barry

I’m guessing this is being done with something other than our Community Events plugin?

If so it’s hard to suggest really concrete measures as I don’t how your solution works – but would encouraging the user to search for pre-existing venues in the first instance (or only exposing pre-existing venues) be an option?

Perhaps you could create events and venues separately, but use post meta data to establish a bond between them such than on approval or publication of the venue it is instantly linked to the relevant event?

This is being done by allowing users to have restricted access in the back-end of the site. They can enter events using the Events Calendar/Events Calendar Pro plugins. I think only allowing the user to select from pre-existing venues would be a plausible solution.

Barry

OK – you’d have to make some pretty drastic customizations in that case and I’m afraid we can’t assist with that. What you could consider though is using Community Events and customizing the relevant template that generates the list of categories (which is far more readily achievable than is doing the same thing here) so that they can only select venues that are already in existence.

I hope that helps 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Venue Approval’ is closed to new replies.