Venue and Organizer Drop Down Field Open

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Venue and Organizer Drop Down Field Open

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    mrsreeder
    Participant

Hello,

For some reason the drop down fields for Venues and Organizers is defaulting to displaying everything. Even when one is selected, they remain open completely blocking the data entry of information in entering New Venue, or New Organizer information.

I am going live in a day and need assistance correcting this. I have tried playing with the code to hide overflow but it is not helping.

Your help is appreciated.

Thank you.

mrsreeder
    Participant

I can change the css to hide most of the list and push down the next field, but even when I do that it will not accept new venue names or new organizers names. When I type a name in it just disappears.

mrsreeder
    Participant

Pardon me, ignore the second post. Only the first applies and may possibly be a bug?

Casey
    Participant

Thanks for reaching out. Could you give me the URL to your Event Submission form so I can take a closer look? I can’t seem to find it. Thanks!

mrsreeder
    Participant

This reply is private.

mrsreeder
    Participant

This reply is private.

mrsreeder
    Participant

This reply is private.

Casey
    Participant

You should be able to target specific rules in your CSS by using the ‘.tribe_community_edit’ class that is added to the body tag.

For example, something like this should override the other plugin’s styles:

.tribe_community_edit .chzn-container-single .chzn-single {
    color:#FF0000 !important;
    }

If you don’t want to add custom CSS to your theme’s stylesheet, you can add your custom CSS by pasting the following into your theme’s functions.php file: https://gist.github.com/ckpicker/6809345

This will only output your custom CSS on Community Events pages.

Hopefully that helps to get you started in the right direction. Thanks!

mrsreeder
    Participant

I will give it a try. Any idea which part of the css determines the drop down fields to close properly?

Casey
    Participant

Unfortunately not. You might try looking at the offending plugin’s CSS and just make the opposite changes. Hope that helps!

mrsreeder
    Participant

Can you add this to your list of known conflicts because if I cannot get this corrected I will need to ask for a refund on the community add on. Sorry, but I was really hoping for a little more help. I am not familiar with Chosen, so I feel a little like a fish out of water.

Casey
    Participant

MrsReeder,
    I was able to get this resolved by adding the following code to your theme’s functions.php file: https://gist.github.com/ckpicker/6830275

Everything looks great now: http://www.lakeofbayscanada.com/events/community/add ! I’m still researching your other issue.

Let me know if everything looks good and I’ll mark this thread as answered and close it out. Thanks!

mrsreeder
    Participant

Seriously, I could kiss you right now! You just made my day. Please ignore my response and refund request in the other ticket. I can live without the events showing in the admin panel with this working.

You rock! Thank you.

Casey
    Participant

Ha! Glad I could help you out on this. 🙂 Since it sounds like you’ve got everything you need, I’m going to go ahead and close this thread out. Feel free to start a new thread if you have further issues.

Thanks for being a great customer!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The topic ‘Venue and Organizer Drop Down Field Open’ is closed to new replies.