Venue Address Importing Incorrectly

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Venue Address Importing Incorrectly

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Diane Gress
    Participant

Hello!

On our website, we use the Events Calendar aggregator to import events from a Google Calendar onto the website. In the last few weeks, we’ve noticed that there is an issue with the aggregator importing the address for venue’s incorrectly. In our google calendar, the address is listed correctly, but when it imports onto the website, two addresses show up. A correct one and one that seems to be random. I’ve gone in and manually edited the venues so that the correct address shows up, but the next time the event is imported, the address reverts back to the incorrect one.

Here’s the URL to the website in question: http://www.h2ocolumbus.org/

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Diane!

Thanks for reaching out to us!

That’s a really strange issue. Could you please share with us the Google Calendar URL so we can run some tests on our end?

Also, please share with us a link to the event/s where you are having the issue with.

Thanks,
    Victor

Diane Gress
    Participant

This reply is private.

Victor
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

Diane Gress
    Participant

This reply is private.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 2 months ago by Diane Gress.
    Victor
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

Diane Gress
    Participant

This reply is private.

Diane Gress
    Participant

This reply is private.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Diane!

Thanks for coming back with the ICS file.

I could reproduce the same in my local installation. I’m not exactly sure why this is happening, but it looks like the wrong address is being fetched from the Google Maps API.

I will reach out to the team to have a second pair of eyes on this and will come back as soon as I have something.

Please hang in there.

Thanks,
    Victor

Diane Gress
    Participant

Sounds good! Thanks for your help!

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Diane!

Thanks for your patience.

After some tests with the venue address we have been able to relate the problem to an inconsistency with the DSTK (Data Science Toolkit) our Event Aggregator System uses to obtain the Geolocation information to complete the venue address and coordinates.

It seems that using the venue address like 1385 Neil Ave, Columbus, OH 43201, USA

throws the correct result, but the addition of H2O Church before the address returns a different result.

The only workaround we’ve found so far is to modify the venue address from the Google calendar and use only the venue address without the name like “1385 Neil Ave, Columbus, OH 43201, USA”

Could you please try it out and see if it works correctly for you?

Thanks,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘Venue Address Importing Incorrectly’ is closed to new replies.