Venue Address Importing Incorrectly – Google Calendar

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Venue Address Importing Incorrectly – Google Calendar

• This topic has 0 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by nhgrandlodge.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    nhgrandlodge
    Participant

Hello,

I have seen another ticket that was not followed up on from a few weeks ago regarding this, but it looks like The Events Calendar on import is attempting to guess on an address for a venue based on what comes over in the title, and many, many times it’s completely inaccurate. This only occurs if there isn’t an address that comes over in the primary address fields.

I don’t have access to edit these calendars (there are hundreds of events and locations) in order to fix this. Is there a way to ask the software to not try to find a matching address if one isn’t explicitly defined?

Sometimes it’s very simple – in this case, http://www.nhgrandlodge.org/venue/spicket-lodge-107-main-st-salem-nh-03079/, it’s saying that it is 2 N Main Street instead of 107 Main Street.

Other times, it will come up with a completely different city and state. I’ve changed all of the ones that I’ve found like this, but I will be watching out for another example.

Any thoughts?
    Chris

Hi Chris,

Thanks so much for reaching out!

This sounds like it may be related to a bug that we are currently working on, however I will need a bit more information before confirming this.

Although you don’t have access to the calendars, do you know if there is venue information listed, in addition to longitude and latitude?  Sometimes that can create confusion and the venue is imported improperly.  Removing the geolocation information resolves the issue for now.

Can you confirm if this is how things are set up on those calendars?

Let me know!

Thanks,

Jaime

nhgrandlodge
    Participant

Hi there,

It is set up the the Google Place/Business information for that location. In other words, it is an exact address. No geolocation info.

Thank you!

Hi Chris,

I am seeing an error on your site that you have the Google Maps API included multiple times, which can cause errors.

Can you try removing the API from everywhere but one place?  For example, you may have entered it in your theme and in our plugin.

Let me know how that goes!

Thanks,

Jaime

nhgrandlodge
    Participant

Well, I use a plug-in for mapping the locations of our Lodges, so I’m not certain that I can completely manage that. Any other thoughts to avoid this?

Thank you!
    Chris

Hi Chris,

Can you remove the Google Maps API from everywhere except for the mapping plug-in?

In addition, we have just released updates of our plugins, so please make sure that everything is up-to-date to ensure that things run optimally.

Let me know how that goes!

Thanks,

Jaime

nhgrandlodge
    Participant

I have done so and we’re completely up to date. We are still having issues, and I have another ticket open regarding problems with inports via Event Aggregator.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Chris,

Could you please share the url of the feed where you are importing from? I would be interested in the one where the venue with the issue is present. I would like to run some tests.

If you have more, that’s better. In this case let me know which are the ones with the issue.

Thanks,
    Andras

nhgrandlodge
    Participant

Hello,

All feeds are having this problem, but I have another ticket open with a problem with my imports.
    The URL for the calendar which included this example was https://www.google.com/calendar/ical/g80350nijqp7i865ipa3f20hg8%40group.calendar.google.com/public/basic.ics.

Hi Chris,

Thanks for providing us with that information.  It appears that geolocation information is being imported for that feed, in addition to the address.  This may be causing the issue.  Can you try removing the geolocation information, either in your Google Calendar, or on your site, and see if that helps to resolve the issue?

Let me know how that goes and if you have any other questions in the meantime!

Thanks,

Jaime

nhgrandlodge
    Participant

How do I do that on the site? I can’t edit the calendar.

This reply is private.

nhgrandlodge
    Participant

Thanks, but what about new venues when they come in. I have aggregated events from 6 calendars, none of which I control.

Hi Chris,

Unfortunately, if you do not have access to the Google Calendars themselves, it is difficult to automatically control the data that is coming in.  If that is the case, the only way to fix it would be to manually fix the venue information after it has been imported.

Let me know if that makes sense!

Thanks,

Jaime

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The topic ‘Venue Address Importing Incorrectly – Google Calendar’ is closed to new replies.